Corrosion Report

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Well car has been repaired

[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Very pissed off!

where do i start

1. Passenger Side wheel has blue streaks running thro it, Thats 1 of my tt comp's ****ed!
2. Driver seat was filthy as ****
3.chip on the bonnet which am 100% sure wasnt there when i left it
4. Where theve taken the wing off/ bent it upwards its all marked and u can see it when u open the door.

Called Seat Uk ive to speak to someone about it but what cany remember but will make another call again.

Very unhappy!

Blue ****
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Rosco906/?action=view&current=Alloy.jpg
Wing Put back on 1
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Rosco906/?action=view&current=WingOn.jpg
Wing back on same side
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Rosco906/?action=view&current=WingOnagain.jpg
My dirty seat
http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/Rosco906/?action=view&current=MankySeat.jpg

Last edited:

Deleted member 13581

Thats ****.

You expect the car to come out without problems, not more!

Hope you get it sorted out. Money back and repaired right.

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
never paid for it

Warranty job as corrosion fault.

And this time im asking for compensation if the car has to go away again and i will want a god dam courtasey car.

No danger are there getting away with this!

They said the car was valeted, Yes looks like a quick hoover but nothing speical

If this is the service i get from seat then its the last seat i will buy.

dozza.13

PS3 Tag - Dozza1979
Jun 30, 2006
Grimsby
Thats wank mate, go back and kill em all, it will make you feel better!! :D

Last edited:

Ibiza 130 tdi

Black Magic
Jan 15, 2007
Somerset
That's terrible!!! They should be :banned: from doing work on cars!!!

You should be able to go back and kick up a huge fuss!

Hope you get it sorted. I dont know if its like insurance, but when you claim on insurance, they will tend to send you to Nationwide body shop (bodgers) or one of their "recommended" body shops. most people dont know but you can insist of going where you want. I dont know if you could do the same for warranty....

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
TBH that is the norm from most accident repair shops that I have had work done

they just don't give a ****

your car is just a number to them

go and give them hell and rag the bollocks off of their loan car

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
thats disgusting that they return your car in that state!
go in to the dealership and complain to the manager.
try and do it calmly but make sure your not quite especially if there are other customers around!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Plan of action tomorrow is call the Seat Branch at edinburgh to complain

If no action is taken then i'l take it to trading standards.

If the car is gone for longer than a few days again i will want a courtasey car this time

**** them. They tried to **** me around now its my turn.

Going to hit them at every angle possible

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
Did Arnold Clark do it? I thought you were going to Morrisons in Stirling. Was the car delivered to you in that state, or did you have to pick it up? And there's fuel. Claim that if you have to take it back again.

Put something about this in the 'SEAT Dealers: Your Say' section as well. Unfortunately from past experience it seems the smaller independent bodyshops do the job better. As Nathwarr said, the main dealerships just don't care.

The seat and wheel definitely need sorting. After that, I assume you are seriously considering moving away from Seat ownership now.

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Morrisons in Stirling wouldnt take it as i'd have to go thro the process of have it been checked again and i wasnt ready to wait another 3 months for that ****

Really unhappy with seat. this may be my first and last Seat i will have im afraid

air121005

Sep 28, 2006
Worcestershire
duno what to do at the moment

Call seat Uk again
Call Seat Edinburgh speak to manager
Call the bodyshop and kick up fuss with them

start with the manager at the bodyshop repair centre, they caused the damage, they should be willing to put it right.

if you get no joy with them then tell the bodyshop manager that you will be reporting this incident to SEAT UK and the dealer.

he may all of a sudden be willing to sort it out, as he might not be willing to lose the regular business direct from SEAT.
if still no joy then go to either SEAT UK or the dealer, whoever it was that reffered you to "their reccommended :rolleyes: repair centre".

always try and stay calm, because nobody will be willing to help & sort out a problem for somebody who is calling their company F'in this, or F'in that.

Yella Beeza

Now which way?
Jun 4, 2007
Edinburgh
There are a few of us on Seat Cupra.net who've had dealings with Arnold Clark in Edinburgh now.

Right from purchasing a new car (me), when it wasn't prepared properly for sale. Rosco906, where their bodyshop clearly isn't up to scratch. And someone else who noticed a football being kicked around in the service area. Don't know if anyone has taken their car to be serviced there.

It's getting to the stage where if enough of us get together and compile a report, it should go off to Seat UK.

Rosco, not sure if you know a good solicitor, but threaten them with legal action if it's not sorted properly. You want compensation for the agro. Yes, stay calm, but make sure they don't fob you off.:shrug:

By the way, it wouldn't surprise me if the chip on the bonnet is where someone dropped a spanner during the repair. And they couldn't even be bothered to repair that. Bunch of cowboys if you ask me. I'm definitely never going back and can't recommend anyone else on here does either.[:@]

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
well checked the mark on the bonnet.

Im wrong, its built up.

Its like primar and dirt.

Called seat uk yday and they said ive to make a claim or some bollocks like that but **** that. this is beyond a joke.

I can get a good solictor (boss's one) and i will defo want compensation.

danmay

Fast cars, shooting stars
Mar 25, 2007
Stafford
www.myspace.com
that's a shambles, theres no way those 'professionals' knew what they were doing, or if they did they just didn't give a sh*t!

if you get no joy with them, park outside the front of the garage in blatent view of the showroom and show all their potential customers what they've done to your car, funny how apologetic and customer service orientated they get then!

did that with my Fiat outside the local garage after a botch job, got it done right after that!

Looby

rosco, thats just awful [:@] take a deep breath, make a list of people to call and write down who you speak to and when and what they say.

first ring CAB, who can advise on whether t/standards is next in line. call seat uk out of courtesy to begin with, to let them know that 'external agencies' are now involved..let them know you will update them..i take it they gave you a reference number for the case? if not, get them to open one.

go to dealer and explain the above again...they all seem selectively hard of hearing! [:@] ...let them sweat a bit. go to body shop, give em copies of your photos, and let them know you are taking advice on best course of redress...let them sweat a bit too.

in the meantime, i so hope some help comes your way...its too disgusting for them to get away with that!

Rosco906

Aug 17, 2006
Burntisland, Scotland
Goint to the dealers for me is a no, They know where to hit my sweet spot to rattle ma cage and i'd prob flatten the guy.

Try the bodyshop stuff before i call then i'l call seat uk again saying im ready to take this to trading standards.

But overall news car is going on ebay wednesday/thursday just because im fed up of having a nice car and someone does something to it or everytime i was it, there's a new mark / scratch / chip in it.

just cant be doing with that **** anymore.

Going to buy a banger about an R plate for me number plate

Or put it on the miss's ka

Who's CAD?

what they do and u got a number?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.