Craig's Mk2 Ibiza. NEW CAR Page 20 25/6/12!!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Hawick, Scottish Borders, Scotland
Well folks I am currently in my last week of mk2 ownership/driving.

Went and had a look at a new car at the weekend and I have put a deposit down on it. Hopefully I should be collecting it this weekend.

I have to say after driving it then jumping back in the Ibiza, IMO the Ibiza felt so basic and rather cramped inside.

The Ibiza will be coming off the road at the weekend as the tax ends this month. I will be taking some parts off it and I will more than likely sell it on.

Hopefully one day I will be back in an Ibiza though!

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Bad news mate :( Love this car!

How long have you had it for now?

And more importantly, what have you gone forrrrr :p

I know :(.

Ive had the car over 6 years but just feel that it is time for a change and to try something else.

Ive gone for a different manufacturer, gone to the darkside..... Or should I say Jap side :D.

Gone for an 04 'Reg Civic Sport (EP2).

• 1.6i 16v Vtec
  • 54,000 miles
  • Type R Spoiler

Plus it has a good wheel upgrade on it. The interior is immaculate, dont think anyone has actually used the rear seats. Bodywork on the outside is in excellent condition to for an 8 year old car.

Was looking at a Type R but the insurance was ridiculous whereas the Sport insurance is exactly the same as it is for the Ibiza (dont know how :confused:).

Going to collect it on Saturday [B)].

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
The Ibiza is currently off the road as it currently sorn.

This is because after 6 years of ownership I decided it was time for a change of car so I have now bought my new car which I have had for just over a week. Heres a picture I took after I test drove the car

CivicSport.jpg

Its a 2004 Honda Civic Sport - 1.6i Vtec :funk:

55k on the Clock with full service history all stamped in the book. Car was previously a CAT D with rear cosmetic damage but it has been repaired to a very high standard :D. Car was MOT'd (which it passed no problems) and I put a years tax on it. Car had been SORN and MOT had expired as the car was in storage for a few months at the previous owners workplace as he had bought his new car earlier in the year - a Nissan 350z.

Car also has a few mods done to it as follows.

• Alloy wheels upgraded to 17" Penta's which are an optional extra on the 'Sport' or can be found on the Accord - much better than the standard 'Sport' Wheels
  • Type R front brake upgrade 262mm to 300mm
  • Type R Spoiler - again much better than the standard 'Sport' spoiler
  • Type R front grille which is a gunmetal colour with 'Type S' badge (badge will be removed in due course)
  • Type R mats inside the car.

Only thing I have done to the car myself is give the car mats a clean, changed the rear indicator bulbs to Silvatechs (which were donated from the Ibiza) to remove the orange bulbs and removed the wind deflector as there was only one on the drivers side for some reason :confused:. Got a few other little 'niggles' to fix but these shouldnt be too hard to fix.

Future plans are currently unknown as this is my first Civic so I am just looking into things just now.

CraigW

Craig.
Apr 12, 2007
Looks MUCH better than I expected to be honest! Really does suit those wheels... More importantly though... Are these quick :p

Wheels are an option extra that was available on the Sport model. Also has a set of Honda Jazz washer jets (mist type - common mod). I have removed the 'Type S' badge from the grille and it looks so much better.

The Sport is rather quick tbh, 108/110bhp 1.6 16v Vtec. When it gets to around 3k rpm it just pulls even more. Deffinetely quicker than the mk2.

Currently loving driving it tbph [B)]! Looking at mods already for it though :blink: :banned:.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members