Cupra Mk2 - Milltek TBE Vs Blueflame TBE

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
I've searched for something similar this and all i've found was for Ibiza MK4 and Leon Mk1.

I'm going to buy a new TBE system with sports cat for REVO stage 2+, but I can't decide between Milltek and Blueflame. Both have 3" downpipe. I know that Blueflame has a 3" catback Vs 2.75" for Milltek and 100 cell sports which seems less restrictive than the 200 one from Milltek.

What do you think will be best in terms of quality and performance? :help:

ares

Jun 28, 2008
Greece, Athens
I would go for Milltek. Milltek's presence on this field is established for many years and they have the technical expertise and good R&D. Some say Blueflame and APR exhausts are giving better performance but I don't know how true is this. For example Blueflame uses 100 cpsi catalyst which gives better performance but it is not due to better quality or design of the exhaust. As far as it concerns the cat back I believe Milltek has a reason for keeping the cat back pipe smaller otherwise it could be easy for them to have an all 3" exhaust - they must know something we don't.

Poverty

I would go for Milltek. Milltek's presence on this field is established for many years and they have the technical expertise and good R&D. Some say Blueflame and APR exhausts are giving better performance but I don't know how true is this. For example Blueflame uses 100 cpsi catalyst which gives better performance but it is not due to better quality or design of the exhaust. As far as it concerns the cat back I believe Milltek has a reason for keeping the cat back pipe smaller otherwise it could be easy for them to have an all 3" exhaust - they must know something we don't.

No I dont think that at all. Having spoken to some people who know exhausts, have slated some of millteks designs lately. Also the quality of them isnt all that as there have been plenty of failures. I think they are overpriced.

Also look at eurojet, jetex and piper for a exhaust for your cupra.

GtSport

Feb 5, 2010
Bucharest
I,ve decided to get the Blueflame exhaust for the 100 cell race cat and for the 3" cat-back.

Last edited:

owen lcr

orvil
Oct 10, 2006
montrose, scotland
i have had both, got milltek now on my mk2 cupra and had BF on on my MK1 lcr, i think they are very similar, both give off good sounds and have good performance and neither have had any faults. BF is cheaper go for that

warren_cox

Back from the dead
I'm intrigued by how people default to Milltek as the ONLY answer for exhausts.

I've got a magazine cut out about how they have moved production to China (despite telling me at GTi Inters last year they hadn't), and then there is the issue around quite a few failures this year. Yes the customer service is good, but given the inconvenience / expense it should be.

Consider:

Milltek
Pipewerx
BlueFlame
MV Sport (I've just bought one of these and it's excellent)
APR...

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I've heard only one cupra with a milltek on and i loved the raspy noise under acceleration, sounded like a jet taking off, I've heard blueflames k1 on their website and it sounds like it is just a deep exhaust note when on the pedal, which to me can be replicated by a 1.2 corsa, not many cars can get the raspy jet noise.

Poverty

I've heard only one cupra with a milltek on and i loved the raspy noise under acceleration, sounded like a jet taking off, I've heard blueflames k1 on their website and it sounds like it is just a deep exhaust note when on the pedal, which to me can be replicated by a 1.2 corsa, not many cars can get the raspy jet noise.

The k1 sounds like a raspy jet engine as standard with revo. Some say that the raspy sound is back pressure. Havent heard a full blueflame, but going by the guys on mk5gti they sound the nuts.

Cant really tell what the blueflame sounds like as its a **** video tbh.

Btw the MV sport DP is apparently just a white label blueflame exhaust.

Cupra R

Dec 5, 2001
UK.
Visit site
I have a Blueflame TBE on my MK2 Cupra and I'm very happy with it. They made it up on the car then made a jig from it.

It's a sound which is very hard to try and describe to you, it's deep and purposeful, it's not raspy. It doesn't become overly boomy at cruising speed.

I'm sure you will be happy with the result.

Also, I think it's a little hard to make out from a sound file on the internet what it sounds like in real life. I heard the K1 on their website and wasn't too keen lol.

robjnr

258 spanish donkeys
Oct 24, 2007
Bristol
I've tried to get piper to make one up but they say they need around ten orders before they will think about making one up.

Has anyone got a jetex one? Aren't they a duplex system?

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.