Cupra Petrol MPG?? And be Honest

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
HI

I have just sold me ep3 Type r to get a Cupra TDI but know after looking for one i have got a feeling i wont be able to find one they are all to hi milage or to new and out my price range (i have a bout 7 to 7.5k)

So am still like in the Cupra but the petrol but what you all getting to the galon????

Cheers Luke

karizma_fas

ICE ICE BABY!
Feb 27, 2009
Central Scotland
Wasn't an Ibiza but I had a LCR and I got around 30-32mpg, but that was mainly motorway and 60 roads.
Depends how many miles u do tbh. If its more than say 250 a week i'd go 4 the diesel, but if not, go 4 the petrol.
Ive got a diesel Ibiza Cupra now and loving the consuption! :D

Generally, about 30-36mpg from my petrol Cupra... Granted I don't drive with my foot planted to the floor, but thats on a revo stage 1 remap (which improved the mpg).

260-270 miles before my petrol light comes on, so on that assumption maybe another 30 til the tank is empty, but I never leave it that late anyway.

gaz-lcr

i get about 30-32 mpg and thats driving sensibly round oxford and on A roads.

about 320miles b4 the light comes on.

although i managed 34 on a 100mile trip to notts.

Mar 25, 2009
bath
A top of about 32 mpg then mate driving sensibly lol and you would be lucky to see that in town driving I'd imagine, if you can afford it go for the diesel, maybe look at one no as new,

what are you considering to be high mileage?

CJRamze

Proud Seat Owner
Jun 29, 2008
Caldicot, South Wales
HI

I have just sold me ep3 Type r to get a Cupra TDI but know after looking for one i have got a feeling i wont be able to find one they are all to hi milage or to new and out my price range (i have a bout 7 to 7.5k)

So am still like in the Cupra but the petrol but what you all getting to the galon????

Cheers Luke

My Cupra's up for sale for £8500 but if you can Stump up £8000 I can hook you up.
I get 40-45mpg on the motorway, and 25-30 around town.
(Mines petrol sorry)

Mcupra

Mr sensible
May 27, 2009
Sheffield, UK
HI

Cheers Luke

Hi luke, u ok?

If you drive the car sensible it wont be too bad. I live in sheffield so i'm using more fuel because of the stupid hills, maybe a difference for yourself?

When u put your foot down, be prepared to see the needle move lol:-o:wtf:

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
My Cupra's up for sale for £8500 but if you can Stump up £8000 I can hook you up.
I get 40-45mpg on the motorway, and 25-30 around town.
(Mines petrol sorry)

sorry bud i only got 7 and half but only realy wana spend 7ish then can buy some coilovers:)

there is one on piston heads for 6 n half but it hardly says owt about it pises me off that when they ant even trying to sell it more bothed to tell you its got electric windows rather than FSH / owners etc

and milage i will go up to 60k ish tops

on the motorway today on the way to get my car mapped i got about 35mpg when i had a quick look at 70mph after getting car mapped i saw 42 mpg when i had a brief view again at 70mph,i started using super unleaded a thew months ago and found i got more miles out of a tank.
im not really to bothered what mpg i get as if i was id have got a diesel and i think thats probally the same for all 20vt owners as its not really an engine to go for if your concerned about mpg.

luke_h

Aug 2, 2009
am not to fussed to be honest as long as i get 25/30 it will be on same as my type r

xyz

Feb 28, 2004
oxford
Visit site
Hi Luke.
Hope you find a good car as believe me, if you do, they are worth it! I've had mine from brand new and it's on 72000 miles and has been brilliant! But a word of warning, you'll probably struggle to find one with 60000 miles at £7k! I'm looking at selling mine but can't find anything to replace it with! Keep a look out for the usual fsh and cambelt and water pump change and you shouldn't go far wrong! Read EVO issue 142 for a good write up on the LCR. You can also go to evo.co.uk for various write ups and tests. There is also a long term test report. Happy hunting and if you find one, you won't regret it!
PS I get anywhere between 23 and 40mpg but generally get 32.

ayrshire_cupra

mines is mapped and a get 23 or 33 mpg just depends how a drive

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.