DC's 8v mk2 Ibiza GTi Cupra Sport *Back on the road!*

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
DC my man, when you have time - try an look up the front ABS cable. I've had no luck on VagCat. Might be looking at the wrong diagrams though! I like to think of you as a bit of a wizard around the site :p

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
What you after? - price/part number?

Just give a supplier your reg/chassis no. you lazy s*d!!

My rears were from AVS Car Parts online - fronts £12.50 each - rears £33 each

Last edited:

LMJ

Previously CEY_CLS :-)
May 4, 2009
Bangor, North Wales
What you after? - price/part number?

Just give a supplier your reg/chassis no. you lazy s*d!!

My rears were from AVS Car Parts online - fronts £12.50 each - rears £33 each

I was after the part number for the front ABS cable (bit of an accident)... But erm... :runaway:

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Honestly I'll always try to help with what knowledge i have when I can!
But with parts I just provide my chassis/reg when ordering/ getting quotes.
To find a part number will take me the same time it will take you if I haven't bought it and longer if I have as it will be hidden within a massive pile of receipts!

I'd just like to keep this thread about my car so send a pm for any part number requests.

Cheers!

DC

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
by the way, where can you get one of them centre consoles with the battery oil gauges from?

Thanks for comments!

Yes they are quite rare by all accounts! I got lucky and bought them off Crezz when he sadly broke his Mk2. As a genuine SEAT accessory they plug into the existing loom without any mods.

They cost about approx. £200 IIRC when new.

DC

Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Cheers Crezz!

I've made some more progress and plans so will update soon. The hosepipe ban is killing me at the moment though! struggling to keep it clean!

Interesting using the Bengal yellow on a mk1!

DC

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Bit of an update!

Since I've owned the car the bonnet has had a few annoying pressure dents and an ever increasing amount of chips. I've decided I can't live with it any longer so its going to receive its first non-original paint next week.

After failing to find a better secondhand bonnet I bought a new Genuine VW/SEAT bonnet from TPS. I also purchased x2 new fog lamp surrounds (originals were cracked) as I'll be reverting to the original colour coded bumper grilles and a new lower spoiler/valance.

The plan is to paint - Bonnet, blend wings, headlamp surround/grille, original bumper, bumper grille, fog lamp surrounds, and both mirror casings.

I've also purchased 2 new outer, lower door window seals as the originals had a couple of buckles in them which you could see as you looked in the mirror

Here's some of the parts ready for the bodyshop....
P1070657.jpg

P1070658.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2005
Northants.
Hi all,

Thought I'd do an update.

The cars still in daily use but still trying to improve where possible.

Recently the £25 exhaust I bought on ebay finally surrendered to corrosion after IIRC 4+ years service. The aim was to go to a stainless system but in the interim I decided to go for another mk3 20vt silencer but this time a NEW Genuine SEAT item from my local dealer with new brackets and joining sleeve.

I think they look, and sound quite good on the Mk2 (with careful fitting) - possibly not that detrimental to performance either.

Old and new:
P1080172.jpg

P1080198.jpg

P1080210.jpg

P1080203.jpg

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.