Decat lambda sensor question

BeartheBruce

Ross-Tech, LLC
Apr 23, 2006
Near Philadelphia, PA, USA
Only suggestion would be to contact a chip tuner who might be able to change all the diagnostic capabilities of the ECU to ignore the faults thrown by poor fuel mixture. Short of a major reprogram of the ECU, I do not beleive there to be any means to "ignore" the downstream O2 sensor.

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
Apparently^^^ you can get a fooler, it basically tells the ecu everything is fine from the cat, this is what i was told when i enquired about a decat, but they wanted to charge £150 for the de-cat and the fooler :O

wilky87

Apr 11, 2009
It's got nothing to do with the map, you need a fooler or maybe vagcom could be programmed to ignore it

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
I have a decat on my car, and therefore don't have a 2nd lambda sensor. Because of this my engine light is constantly on.

My question is, is there anyway of stopping the code from reappearing and turning on my light? As my dash is like a christmas tree..!

Why can't you just plug it in like you're meant to?

cupraBHP

that what i thought mork. even with de cat you can still put the lambada sensor in the exhauste. just drill a ho ll in it and weld it up ...lol

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
It won't have the cat below efficiency code if you have had it removed as part of CC stage 2 though...

Big_daddy

Going going gone.....
Oct 20, 2006
Brummy
Yeah I don't have a 2nd sensor in. It has the hole for it but it is just blanked off at the moment.

If I do put it in then it will just come up with a code for the cat being knackered, ie not there.

It won't have the cat below efficiency code if you have had it removed as part of CC stage 2 though...

True say, worth a try.

Something think about, 2years back, my leon post lambda wasnt pluggedd in and was just tucked aside but it was decatted too. Had same fault code.
So i drilled a hole and refitted it, then got the fault code internal resistance too high :confused:
Replaced the sensor twice, even tried the spacers but iit still reruned, ending up leaving it, although non of them fault triggered the eml. :think:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members