Devonmikeyboy passes the 300bhp and 400lb torque level from a 2L diesel.

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
The head will be off before 10k miles mate trust me :D . I am not having a go but if you could hear the engine knocking after having the propane fitted why did you not think that something was wrong and sort it out rather then keep on driving for 20k miles. Where was the metal bits found since surely if they had gone through your turbo the turbo would have been damaged ?

Triple D

Where is interpro mike? not got anything planned so may pop down if its not too far, is it near allards?

WW_VRS

Dec 22, 2006
Abingdon OXON, UK
www.unit18.co.uk
Turbo was marked & nope noise wise I didnt know about the knocking, I'm sure it would have sounded different but it's hard to know as it was set up like this and I was told it was at the lowest setting ;)

Regarding driving it for 10k longer - no choice due to working hours at the time, was doing 16+ hours/day with drive to/from site included daily,6 days a week for a month.

In either case, I was expecting no knocking at that setting as I was told it was a very low setting and it wasn't set up by me, any change in sound I would have considered a normal effect of adding propane - no reference.

The kinda knocking sounds I got on my Pug 205 when running on unleaded instead of SUL sounded very different and metally, the sounds I was getting from the engine were not like that at all.

Either way, I reckon when I take it to an experienced mapper (see PMs) I should have a more positive outcome :)

PS No offence taken at all, although it was an expensive way of finding out about knocking consequences ;)

Last edited:
Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
Just got back from Interpro and the car is now 327bhp and 411lb torque. The power would have been higher but i am now getting clutch slip which is a bit worrying as i already have a custom Kevlar clutch fitted with uprated pressure plate. I took a few snaps while i was there plus a few videos which i am up loading to photo bucket now. Personally i think the best video is the one when i did a close up of how little if any smoke there is from the exhaust when under hard acceleration.

New dyno graph with power dieing off after 327bhp through clutch slip. :(
http://i13.photobucket.com/albums/a257/devonmikeyboy/IMG-2.jpg

Video of how little my car smokes under hard acceleration.

Video of my car on the dyno.

maxcars1

Nov 9, 2004
can he go any further really. but knowing Mike im sure theres a camshaft and head work coming

Aug 1, 2005
Cullompton . Devon
can he go any further really. but knowing Mike im sure theres a camshaft and head work coming

When/if i get my uprated injectors and bigger turbo set up fitted there should be alot more power. The car is producing more then 327 bhp but the clutch starts to slip when the engine produces more the 410 lb torque. Already had head work done mate. Next thing to get is a higher torque rated clutch which i have a bad feeling is going to be a real pain in the ass to acquire. I need a clutch to hold 500lb torque or more so if anyone has any suggestions or knows of any custom clutch places let me know.

puiutu

@devonmikeyboy!To can support torque up for680Nm,(500lbf-ft), you can use a 2 disc sinter metal clutch for AP-Racing,or Alcon,orSachs,or....another RACING firmware with very best results.
Ex.Apracing:CP2125CRV ,orCP2125ACRV
184mm 2 Plate 'A' Ring Sintered Clutch
765Nm, (564 lb/ft)
For montage is not problems,the Set up height Max worn is 33,8 mm.
Anyhow,you must forget to use von this torques,a singel plate clutch!!!
I wait to say what power you have with big injectors,(PD),and VT7,without nos and propan.I think this is really interest for majority of us!
Best regards of all!!

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
You must have alot money,

You don't know if the car in mid to longer term can take that much crap getting thrown into the engine and if you run out of nos and proprane what are you running?

running 327bhp and engine is stilll newish will the gearbox and engine take it?

and if you spend all the more expense on fitting internals and new clutch did you not consider a evo?

but what i like is you don't give a sh$t about anything i just said!!

so hats off!

devonutopia

fabia-lous
Mar 30, 2004
Exmouth / Exeter
I'll be happy just to be at 280 odd to be honest. This car is quick, and it's time I got another test drive after I broke it the last time....

Maybe after I get mine worked on to get some comparability.

Mike - do me a favour. Please don't go to GTI international this year. ;) I want the diesel class cup this time. :D

redcupratdi

Offical SCN Pole Dancer
Oct 13, 2005
cambridge
I'll be there hoping for a flat 14 maybe even creep into 13! :)

Will have finally enough next month to get the whole clutch replaced and exhaust done then it's easily over 210bhp. then stripped may get lighter sports seats and roll cage (it'll be my second vechicle now) and coliovers, i should be on the real limits of traction for the size car and should be on less 6secs 0-60. and run flat 14sec 1/4's purrrfect

Last edited:

shtrumfy2k

is the lag big? at what rpm the turbo begins to pull
great car, congrats

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members