Digital boost gauge help

sicupra

Can anyone help me with the wiring on a digital boost gauge?
I cant find a guide. ive got the standard one but it doesent help with the wiring issues.
Its been sent with no instructions and I cant get hold of the guy that it was bought from.
Any help much appreciated. :cry:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Can you give us a clue? What make is it? How many wires and what colours are they? Do you have any pics? Then hopefully someone can help you.

sicupra

Its the auto gauge 1 with voltage from flea bay. theres yellow, black, red and green coming off the gauge and then red, white and black off of the boost sensor.
How do I upload a pic? not done 1 before.

Last edited by a moderator:

Bogwoppit

Aug 30, 2005
Lincs
Just read your post and looked at the pics, does this gauge display boost and voltage on the same face? Also is it a one colour backlight gauge or one of there 7 colour display ones?
Hell they do a lot of gauges! Might be worth emailing Autogauge and asking for a wiring diagram.

I found a wiring diagram on this thread but I think it will different to yours as it is an Autogauge mechanical boost gauge:

http://www.seatcupra.net/forums/showthread.php?t=119597&highlight=wiring+boost+gauge

Last edited:

volvic

It's just water
Jun 28, 2008
House of Batiatus
if its this gauge, i must say i want one now!!!

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/52mm-DIGITAL-BOOST-VOLT-DUAL-COMBINATION-GAUGE-PSI_W0QQitemZ220351180992QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item220351180992&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1689%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318

ebay seller said:
The 52mm Smoked Face Digital Dual Combination Boost / Volt Gauge (PSI) gives the benefit of having two gauges in one and with the ignition switched off the gauge face is totally black. When the ignition is switched on the gauge comes to life and does a 15 second system voltage check displaying the result on the blue digital display. After 15 seconds the gauge automatically switches over to Boost Mode and displays the present boost pressure in the blue digital display which is surrounded by an attractive LED boost level indication display.

8162_1.JPG

sicupra

Yeah thats the 1.
It only gives you the voltage on start up of the engine then gives you the digi reading in psi and dependant on how much your boosting depends on how many lights go on oround the outside.
Coooool!!! lol
Unfortunatly its sat on my kitchen work top, not looking very cool!!!

sicupra

The paper I got with it says...

Instalation instructions

Yellow- battery (+)
Red- 12v ignition switch
Black- engine ground
Green- boost sensor

Then

Boost sensor

Red- 12v ignition
Black- engine ground
White- gauge green (connect)

How do I know which is which in the car?
Ideally i want it to be dimable with the existing dimmer

sicupra

Yeah. Thats whats confusing and why I cant find a guide for installation.
The boost hose goes to a sensor and then that connects electronicly to the gauge, as apposed to most that just go straight to the gauge. :shrug: :cry: :shrug: :cry: :shrug: :censored: :cry:

sicupra

I think ive found the diagram. Gonna look in to it further and do a guide for it, when it warms up a bit! lol.
Anyone got any info in the mean time id apreciate it.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
yellow and black(both units) go to positive and negative (ciggy lighter, light switch wires, radio loom, direct to battery); the green and white wires connect together, so you'll have to run a wire through the bulkhead for this; and the red wires both go to switched live source - ign circuit (radio loom, fuse box etc)

sicupra

Thanks danny, thats great.
Il give it a go.
Sounds complicated even simplified like that.:headhurt:
lol
Im not the most confident sparky! :blink:

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members