DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
DSC003161.jpg

;)

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I got mine off ebay, think it was about 90 quid. Its alright, you need to loctite everything tho when you get it as the nuts and bolts come loose quite often.

I like it coz i can jack my rear car up on the rear beam in the middle. Pretty low level jacking itself as well so you can get right under to jack it up.

Mat

could do wi one of them. My jack wont go under front of car. Usually crank it up a little with the tiny jack in the book with spare wheel, then when high enough, trolly jack rest of the way.

guess easiest thing would be to actually drive onto some chunky pieces of wood

v-g

is an alien.
Mar 10, 2004
Nowhere near, i.e. Norway.
You didn't always have those calipers? Could you have had an other disc size with those?

(Yes, I've not much knowledge in brake options not consisting of "ready made" sets.)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Lovely.

Are they one piece discs DPJ?

Yes, One piece.

You didn't always have those calipers? Could you have had an other disc size with those?

No, they are an acquisition. The caliper brackets determine the disk size - these discs have an 11mm spacer behind them to align them to the caliper.

The discs are oem for another car with a bigger pcd. (I need to try and find out what that car is! )

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
You went for them then Dave ... have you had the chance to give them some abuse yet? How are you finding the falkens so far?

Yes Pat, I was a little nervous about whether they'd fit, but they do, neatly. 11mm spacer fitted to the hub, then disc screwed to the spacer. A spigot goes into the hub end to mount the wheel. Loads of room between wheel and caliper. Calipers are virtually unmarked - off an 05 car.

I'll be honest, I only trial fitted them. I decided I'd get the MOT out of the way and pop them on properly this next weekend. I didn't want another buggeration factor.

Discs are virtually unmarked too - I need to take all their measurements before I fit them so I can source future replacements.

Brought the wheels home tonight with new tyres fitted - they've travelled 3 feet down my ramps!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.