DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
the car is very streamlined... front and rear. smooth.

the skirts look thick and heavy. out of place.
the lower profile of the car is a hard heavy straight line with gentle curves at either end. wallowy? heavy for its wheelbase so if anything shorter.

im trying to imagine smooth and half the thickness and i think it would look better balanced visually... smooth to match the front and rear but also to lose the dead straight line look.

may just be the angle of the camera though dave... or my eyes[B)]

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
the car is very streamlined... front and rear. smooth.

the skirts look thick and heavy. out of place.
the lower profile of the car is a hard heavy straight line with gentle curves at either end. wallowy? heavy for its wheelbase so if anything shorter.

im trying to imagine smooth and half the thickness and i think it would look better balanced visually... smooth to match the front and rear but also to lose the dead straight line look.

may just be the angle of the camera though dave... or my eyes[B)]

I do see what you mean.
I know the sideskirts are out of place, I'll have to do something about them, I'm just reluctant to make it more of an LCR lookalike. :shrug: That, and sorting the skirts isn't top priority atm.

mixupz

Just call me Rash-MIX
Oct 5, 2007
Dirty South East London
Yeah DPJ, i think we had this discussion a few pages previous, dont have to be LCR lookalike keep the standard ones you have and smooth them out a lil more :D

traumapat

Leon Cupra IHI
Jul 24, 2005
sunny sussex
I do see what you mean.
I know the sideskirts are out of place, I'll have to do something about them, I'm just reluctant to make it more of an LCR lookalike. :shrug: That, and sorting the skirts isn't top priority atm.

i know what you mean. thats what stopped me changing mine. although still plenty of none lcr bits.... spoilers exhaust wheels brakes

nice discreet leon cupra gt badge on the rear instead of the skirts maybe?

is the new edition yours? wondering how long it takes to get those wheels looking so clean

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Dave - did you see that post I made about moving the selector gables to completely to other side of the g'box? So that they "enter" at the front of the engine bay, not the back?

It'd mean longer cables and lots of fiddling, but might make the whole TIP thing easier...

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Dave - did you see that post I made about moving the selector gables to completely to other side of the g'box? So that they "enter" at the front of the engine bay, not the back?

It'd mean longer cables and lots of fiddling, but might make the whole TIP thing easier...

No, sorry Phil, I missed that. Have you got a link?

I was considering lengthening the cable ends the other day. To be honest, mine seem ok now with the Dieselgeek shortshifter set, lengthening would just be a finishing touch.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Ah, I'd missed that you'd got a SS now.

I can't find it now, maybe I thought about posting it :shrug: Anyway - there's a lot more detail in this build somewhere, but it takes a while to find it all:

http://aeon.tribbeck.com/104/

If you've not grasped it, it's a mid-engined kit car with an AUQ engine, and this guy has moved the cables round to come out of the front of the gearbox. The shifter box/gear selector (can't think what else to call it - the bit that holds the gear stick) is off a TT and he's turned it round front to back, otherwise bringing the cables off the front of the gearbox would reverse the gate. Everytime I think about that bit, I can't quite visualise it - I guess you need the cables and shift etc in front of you...

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Ah, I'd missed that you'd got a SS now.

I can't find it now, maybe I thought about posting it :shrug: Anyway - there's a lot more detail in this build somewhere, but it takes a while to find it all:

http://aeon.tribbeck.com/104/

If you've not grasped it, it's a mid-engined kit car with an AUQ engine, and this guy has moved the cables round to come out of the front of the gearbox. The shifter box/gear selector (can't think what else to call it - the bit that holds the gear stick) is off a TT and he's turned it round front to back, otherwise bringing the cables off the front of the gearbox would reverse the gate. Everytime I think about that bit, I can't quite visualise it - I guess you need the cables and shift etc in front of you...

No, I can see that Phil. As he's got the cables coming from the front side of the box, the change is the wrong way round. BUT, he's got the cables coming out of the rear of the gearstick mechanism instead of the front - and that therefore allows the change to remain the right way round.

(We call them cables, but unlike a lot of cables, they will of course push as well as pull).

You could get round the problem of the change being the wrong way round with cables from the front on a Leon as follows........ Imagine a short bar pivoted in the middle. A short cable goes from the change and attaches to the top of the bar. A full cable attaches to the bottom of the pivoted bar and goes to the gearbox selector. Hey presto, change the right way round.

I'm liking your new commutemobile :D Seat through and though. What mods you planned for it. ;)

Cheers Carl, I've become very attached to it in a week. :D 88k 10 year old car, but it's fun. I aim to keep it standard as I don't need another project! The thinking behind having the mk2 is that it allows me to have the Leon purely as a toy. For the Ibiza, maybe some spacers on the back, maybe lowered a tad, maybe...........

hope it's not another bloody ironing board :p

[sorry dave, couldn't take it,,, but, apart from said board, I like the leon as it is now]

Hi Carlo! I don't really have a spoiler fetish, honestly.

mihai

Jan 6, 2006
Enfield
Hello,
I'm truing to fit a manual boost controller in parallel with the N75 on my car, I' ve searched this thread and couldn't find any details about mounting. Could you please give some hints about mounting?
PS. What are the levels of boost pressure you are running right now, overboost and constant boost pressure, can I reduce overboost with the controller?
Please excuse my poor English!

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Put a tee in the hose from the charge pipe to the N75.
Put a tee in the hose from the N75 to the actuator.
Put the mbc in between these tees.

You can limit the boost spike this way.

I am now running with no N75. I can get 1.5 bar all the way across the range with virtually no spike.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members