DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

wild willy

Aug 4, 2003
Wales
Excellent results there Dave.
Very high bhp but the torque is still within safety limits of your stock Rods.
I'm fancying doing my own Rods. Definately doable in a day. head off, sump off, rods replaced. you don't have to feck with any of the valves or springs. The only concern i have is re-tensioning the timing belt / chain. Jabba sport do quite a competively priced gasket set.
But it would be so easy to replace a backdraft manifold at the same time though.;)

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
Well done Dave, that's impressive [B)]

It may be tempting to wonder about "dyno lottery" but I notice the other GT28RS car that made 304BHP on the day made near enough the same on my local DD rollers, so I'd say it's there or there abouts, the power curve looks smooth too.

My only question is that I thought WM would mainly help mid range rather than top end, whereas it seems to have done the opposite in your case :confused:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
excelletnt results Dave, it looks like its all falling into place now. you must be pleased.

Top job :)

Well done Dave, that's impressive [B)]

It may be tempting to wonder about "dyno lottery" but I notice the other GT28RS car that made 304BHP on the day made near enough the same on my local DD rollers, so I'd say it's there or there abouts, the power curve looks smooth too.

My only question is that I thought WM would mainly help mid range rather than top end, whereas it seems to have done the opposite in your case :confused:

Thanks guys. As all the earlier cars were making results as expected and such comprehensive info being give out on the screens, I was confident it was going to make at least what it made at Awesome. I was a little gobsmacked to watch the graph after it made peak torque - and it just kept on holding the torque. He did three more runs with the same result.

It's in the timing, the methanol burn is allowing it to keep it well advanced all the way to the line.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Thats awesome figures Dave, you should be well chuffed.
This is the best returns I've seen from methenol.
Does the car feel alot faster with this rigged up?
Its taken you quite a while to sort this out hasn't it?
Are you running SPS3?
Now for 2 piece discs to give you a bit less rotational mass;) and awesome braking

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Car feels sensational, Willie. (As long as I keep the revs up past 3750) :D

MotoscopeRR220309-1.jpg

MotoscopeRR220309-2.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Bit of a coup for all the guys spending a small fortune on the GT2871rs with this and that costing them £4,000 + but not getting better figures than this.
Well done

stewbie55

No longer a Newbie
Aug 12, 2006
The only thing that strikes me about those curves Dave is your not hitting peak boost or torque until about 5k rpm, would have thought it would be at least 500 rpm sooner?

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
Dont forget that the opperator did'nt know what to expect as we did'nt tell him, so he was doing every car blind....

jamiebennett81

Time to do my rods, as you say. :blink:

Other results from the day here

Do you think anyone there today doubted the results the cars got?

is that 300 on standard rods and the power pegged, so not to risk standard internals? (your running a gt860rs with .64 housing?)

thanks