DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
4dam said:
:D You know I'm jesting - it's braw!

I've consulted a translation tool over this strange word that you use....

Do you mean Braw as in ( chiefly Scottish) : "well dressed "

or (chiefly Scottish) : GOOD, FINE (like your father ;) )

4dam said:
: It'll be even better when you sell it to me......
I wouldn't sell it to any old jekmajonny :D

Last edited:

4dam

I use it to describe something marvellous.

Code:
  braw (adj)(scots)

Having pleasant desirable qualities: good, nice.

Although this came up as well:

Code:
     The adjective braw has one meaning:

Meaning #1: brightly colored and showy
        Synonyms: brave, gay

So it's official. It IS gay......

/edit Love your T&C's BTW, especially"Not for use in pretend fighting"

Last edited by a moderator:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
So the good news is that I've seen my new front bumper today and it's very tasty! Even better in reality than pictures :funk: I've also bought an LCR splitter to go on it.

The bad news is that my bodywork guy and I have run out of time to get it trial fitted (before spraying) in 2005. :cry: Something to look forward to in Jan 06.

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
DPJ said:
So the good news is that I've seen my new front bumper today and it's very tasty! Even better in reality than pictures :funk: I've also bought an LCR splitter to go on it.

The bad news is that my bodywork guy and I have run out of time to get it trial fitted (before spraying) in 2005. :cry: Something to look forward to in Jan 06.

thats a shame mate what bumper you gone for or is it a supprise. ;)

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
DPJ said:
I'll keep it as a surprise ;) (but I decided not to do a look-alike by going the Cupra R route. ) It's fingers crossed it isn't going to look out of line with my skirts though.

nice one, there is a blue leon on here seatsystem i think his name is and his front bumper id is a mint looking one have you seen it?

RickC

BUILT NOT BOUGHT
Dec 23, 2004
Lincoln
id do your bumper like this :D silver black mesh black splitter :D :D

leon_i1_big.jpg

;)

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers Rick.
I got it trial fitted mid Jan and while it looked good on the car, I was appalled at how little there was in the way of mounting points. The only solid places that the bumper could be fixed to the car were at the top rearmost points of the bumper (where the OEM bumpers clip on). NOWHERE else!!!!! They were assuming you could use the arch liners as solid fixings!!!!!!!

I could see it looking the part, but not staying on for very long. The only way I could have sorted it would be to have moulded on strengthening and plates to the reverse of the bumper - unfortunately I just didn't have the time. I rejected it and after a while, managed to get my money back.

I wouldn't be prepared to buy another without being able to see the whole thing properly - and in the flesh if possible.

Very disappointed - I was going to get a Cupra R bumper instead -but I don't really want another R lookalike. At the moment, I'm tempted to get a new lower front and restore the car to Carcept original (like it was when first registered) - perhaps blended in to the bodywork properly (and rear) with black lower mesh this time............

Sorry I didn't come up with the goods....:( At present I'm spending my cosmetic fund on MAFs. :wtf:

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
RickC said:
hows the car going mate, not heared much?

I've been getting the house finished so the car has taken a back seat - but the house is finished now.:cartman: Cheers Rick!

Bunnin said:
Im liking what you've done coz you've had the balls to go with something different !!

I do think that the rear would look 10 times better if you had it smoothed in so it doesnt look like a add on..

looking sweet though pal

Thanks for that. That was actually my next thought, to get the front and rear smoothed in, with black mesh rather than silver. :funk:

shelby.68

cool

just seen your motor,excelent!!,if you dont mind me asking were did you get rear spoiler from ? im in the process of modin my motor too and that excactly what im looking for.[B)]

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Cheers!
Welcome to the forum. :)
All the kit including the rear spoiler is Carcept (Carzone) and was fitted to the car by the supplying dealer when first registered.

You can still buy them from various places, the Joy Tuning stuff available on ebay etc is a much inferior copy.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members