DPJ's Silver Leon Cupra GT - no more.

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
If you need a hand you know where I am mate :)

Cheers! :)

Some Cadwell pics - Thanks to Wayne (Turbo009)

SDC10480JPGdpj4.jpg

SDC10463JPGdpj3.jpg

SDC10500JPGdpj7.jpg

SDC10493.jpg

and from Sean1060 (Thank you :) )
DSC_0152.jpg

Last edited:

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
Have you done a few track days Dave?
Have you done any mods to your car since the last one, apart from remoddling your bumper at the National meet? lol

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Have you done a few track days Dave?
Have you done any mods to your car since the last one, apart from remoddling your bumper at the National meet? lol

No Willie, not many trackdays. I'm considering getting into it more - to curb my enthusiasm on the road...:hide: I must admit I'm having second thoughts about turning the Leon into a track car, having been in Phil's Pug. Maybe something smaller and considerably lighter would be more fun. My Leon performed well though - some track tyres would have been a real bonus.

Recent mods have been limited to refining (hmmmm) the wmi system.

Willie

LCR Track car
Aug 6, 2004
Sunny Scotland
No Willie, not many trackdays. I'm considering getting into it more - to curb my enthusiasm on the road...:hide: I must admit I'm having second thoughts about turning the Leon into a track car, having been in Phil's Pug. Maybe something smaller and considerably lighter would be more fun. My Leon performed well though - some track tyres would have been a real bonus.

Recent mods have been limited to refining (hmmmm) the wmi system.
Dave TBH the reason I'm doing the track thing is the same as your thinking.
I like driving fast round corners and being able to the the most out of my car that I can and will not do this on the road any more.
I wouldn't advise going for a Pug over the Leon. This would be 'fun' but TBH there just not a match for a well set up Leon. I was walking away from a throttle bodied MI16 with a cage on Knockhill on the straights and with more practice, the tyres I have on now and some suspension tweeks I recon I wouldn't be far off there tails in the corners either.

The pugs are fun but this would wear off quickly when EVERYONE was passing you on the straight bits.

The last time I was on Knockhill I was dragging Lotus Exige S's on the straights in my 210BHP LCR.

As you said with track tyres and the WMI set up correctly you have a very capable track car there. Perhaps more fun than a pug too.

If I was to start from scratch and go looking for a track car I'd be looking at a two seater like Caterhams or Elise/Exige

DPJ

Dec 13, 2004
NN Yorks / Salento
www.seatcupra.net
Dave TBH the reason I'm doing the track thing is the same as your thinking.
I like driving fast round corners and being able to the the most out of my car that I can and will not do this on the road any more.
I wouldn't advise going for a Pug over the Leon. This would be 'fun' but TBH there just not a match for a well set up Leon. I was walking away from a throttle bodied MI16 with a cage on Knockhill on the straights and with more practice, the tyres I have on now and some suspension tweeks I recon I wouldn't be far off there tails in the corners either.

The pugs are fun but this would wear off quickly when EVERYONE was passing you on the straight bits.

The last time I was on Knockhill I was dragging Lotus Exige S's on the straights in my 210BHP LCR.

As you said with track tyres and the WMI set up correctly you have a very capable track car there. Perhaps more fun than a pug too.

If I was to start from scratch and go looking for a track car I'd be looking at a two seater like Caterhams or Elise/Exige

I suppose you're right. :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise