driving... BANG!!! black smoke - PICS Added

Damoegan

Sir Bob,a geordy legend..
Oct 15, 2007
Newcastle
You can adjust the boost through Lemmiwinks (only reduce boost) but not sure if Lemiwinks works on dervs (never heard of anyone using it on a derv).

basssound

May 31, 2007
Rotherham, South Yorkshire!
Erm heve you tried Skoda and VW dealers, mainly Skoda dealers because they use they use the same pipe work but sell it a fe quid cheaper.
I've had two boost pipes blow on me due to the tabs wearing off and skoda got them the next day with the seals at about £10 cheaper than Seat and alot more cheaper than VW.

Nath.

The Gentlemans Express
Jan 1, 2006
EASTLEIGH, HAMPSHIRE
You posted a vid up of your car making smoke a while ago and I said back then that it looked and sounded like you had a bit of a boost leak. I guess it has gone totally now. :lol:

In my experience the 1.9 pd engine can pop a boost hose and not go into limp mode, I have seen it twice myself on 1.9 pd 130's

techathy

^^ my name, my thought >>
Jul 9, 2009
Cambridge
Is the blow-off oil entering the inlet tract up-stream of that pipe? If so this maybe yet another good reason to use a catch tank as rubberised & silicone boost hose perishing will be accelerated by oil & fuel.

Aimez

Sorry to hear this looks like you just need a pipe and new clip then?
Is this something that is only common in cupra TDI or does this happen on the FR too?
Keep reading thread like this and most are on remapped cars (not that I am saying that is the cause as you have obviously not just had it remapped) Does no one make replacement bits for these engine's yet?
On another forum they are trying to get a company to make some up but seems after months to have died a death.

Jun 7, 2006
Norfolk, Norwich
had the remap on for 60k miles so think its just luck

nath you did but when they diagnostic checked it it was fine... very strange. will waiting 10 days for pipe and strip the intercooler off and flush it out.

i guess i do this with water?

put it back together and pray :)

Lee

antnee

Spitfire performance are making new pipes to replace all the pipe work, you know

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise