eBay cable and software?

Mazza67

AJ i tried it manually but it still would not work for me. But thanks anyway.

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
Lots of stuff for me to turn on here.. The alarm chirp is exactly the same as on both my MK2

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
I tried stock VCDS and it didn't find the cable. I don't have a CD drive, so I downloaded the cracked program after a quick google search. I didn't check it for malware, but I ran it in an isolated Windows XP virtual machine. I have a mac, so had to use virtual box anyway, but I turned off the access to the network adaptor so it couldn't 'get out' even if there was anything on there. There's a detailed guide (earlier in this thread I think) that explains how to do it all for free.

If you have a mac, you have to use virtual box, but if you're on windows it's still a good idea to use a virtual machine that's isolated from your main machine and network connection.

I also have a mac too, do I just download that software from the Internet? And also where did you get your cable from if you have a link?

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
I got mine from Ali express, I haven't got the link, sorry. And yes, I googled the software and eventually found and downloaded it.

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
anyone got a link for the aliexpress software or can upload copy from their CD seem to have misplaced mine and have a corrupted VM so need to start again from scratch.

thanks

Leonmb

Dec 29, 2013
I got mine from Ali express, I haven't got the link, sorry. And yes, I googled the software and eventually found and downloaded it.

Thanks, could you give me a idea for what to look for? What exact cable do I need?

AndyN

Feb 7, 2014
Yeah you need a VCDS 12.12 cable. Look to make sure software is included. They're usually about £10-20 +/- P&P.

Just read the sellers feedback and take a punt. That's all I did. :)and don't expect it sooner than a month. Don't waste your time with fast shipping because it's not fast at all. X

TimothyS

Got mine from alixpres as well.
Got it faster than I thought, 2 weeks and it was delivered. I just have to wait for the car now before I can use the cable =)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
Done a scan of mine and got module 33 flux capacitor error in connection though. Guess this is an Easter egg of sorts?

AJ

Oct 16, 2013
Done a scan of mine and got module 33 flux capacitor error in connection though. Guess this is an Easter egg of sorts?

Hehe, yeah I think it's the programmers at Ross Tech are having a bit of a laugh :)

I found this in one of my scans too but what I had done was I didn't change my system time back to when I first installed the VCDS software (the instructions for my VCDS s/w advised changing date to 15th Oct 2013 or something like it) I was running it in Feb 2014 so I was effectively time travelling like in the film Back to the Future. I'm assuming that's what the flux capacitor reference is for ;)

I did however set my system date back to 15th Oct 2013, date I first installed the s/w, on my virtual machine, re-ran the scan and the flux capacitor module was no longer there :)

nokiauk

Feb 9, 2003
Edinburgh
If anyone who has coded cornering fogs want both lit up in reverse then:

09 central electric
16 security access
Unlock code 31347
10 adaptations
From drop down select - (1) static AFS light-bei Rueckwaertsfahrt
Set value to Double Sided from OFF
Do It

That's it done.

Hope this may help someone.

moomoomoo

Mar 30, 2014
Seems aliexpress rotate their product pages quite quickly, so here is the seller's page of where I got mine from:

aliexpress.com/store/507537

Product title is "Free Shipping VAG 12.12.0 VAG 12.12 VAG 11.11.6 HEX CAN USB Interface Update VAG 12.10 vag 11.11.4 support car to 2014"

Works perfectly, and I had no trouble with the included software. Just installed it and got to work.

komoornik

It seems to me like those auctions with VCDS cables are being deleted.

moomoomoo

Mar 30, 2014
I have found these, which one do you think would be best to go for?

I also have a mac, can i still install the software or will it have to be windows xp?

Thanks

The $18.99 one is what you need.

You can use your Mac if you install virtualbox and run Xp/Win 7 as a virtual machine.

A6_convert

Thanks

Thanks for the links guys, I have just ordered mine.

Can't wait to have a play. Really want to enable alarm chirp and mirror dip!

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise