EmDee's Black 05 LCR - NOW SOLD :(

6th.replicant

May 29, 2008
London
hehe no mate it is dead serious.

I need to pay for a mortgage. The polo has 27k miles since new, one old lady owner. It'll need a few things done to it like brakes coilovers carbs and a new exhaust, but I have a budget of 2k and it cost 800 so not too bad. Sorry to bail on you guys, I was looking at seats, but I could turn around and sell this baby with the VW scene tax and make £400 tomorrow. It's got a reciept for every tank of petrol ffs!
Great little cars, although Mk3 Polo ownership can be a bit of a 'culture shock': its door seals won't leak; there'll be no probs with the ignition; its rear wiper motor won't need replacing after 5 mins, due to leaks; there'll be a complete lack of squeaks & rattles from inside the cabin; some poxy wee bolt that can render the clutch kaput won't snap; no iffy fuses that'll kill the cooling-fan's activation; & the rear brake discs (drums?) are not made of recycled Lancia Beta saloons' subframes.

Any sarcastic reference to current VW Group (lack of) build-quality & engineering integrity is purely intentional. [:@]

Last edited:

EmDee

Omnishambolic
oooh kaaay that was a touch on the bitter side!

I will miss some of the mod cons - like ac, lekky windows, central locking, tachometer lol

and the brakes are actually made of chocolate

but there's very little to go wrong and what does can be fixed with duct tape and a hammer

roll on the new era, I'm strangely looking forward to it

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Well, I just watched Leona drive off for the last time.

Sadly I feel she is going to a questionable home where she will no doubt be abused.

Here she was a few hours before she drove off:

front3-4.jpg

rear3-4-1.jpg

interior1.jpg

HPIM1891.jpg

Thanks for reading

D.K

LCR 225
Oct 24, 2007
se london
:cry: I feel for you mate, If ever you need to feel the boost again give me a shout ;)
You did'nt sell her to a chav did ya ?

EmDee

Omnishambolic
yeah I guess, he talked me down a lot but I ended up with 7600 for her so I could've done worse.

To be honest I think I could have got 8 if I held out for the right buyer, but I saw the cash and thought about how much I wanted new wheels and tyres on the polo for springfest and the rest is history...

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Mate the car really was stunning today, no wonder they scooped it up. They got a right catch there. Look forward to the new build thread yeah :whistle:

Aug 24, 2007
one less of the black leons in the speshul crew now :(

Hoping the retro projects rewards you mate [B)]

EmDee

Omnishambolic
Yeah you guys'll meet the beast on Sunday and realise how well I've come out of this with a large amount of cash in my pocket and a lovely car.

Don't get me wrong I will seriously miss the LCR, but she never made me smile quite as wide as the Polo does.

Just bought some G60 steelies and some 195/45/15 Toyo Proxes T1Rs :funk:

Last edited:

EL

Forever Alive
Mar 17, 2008
Bickley, Bromley
Course your smiling, you saved money and found a mint example polo. I was shocked myself to be honest when i saw it. Good luck with it!!

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
Mart, make sure you come find us and say Hi on sunday (puggs will be there ;) )Ill have to have a look at the Polo :D.
some laddo from Brum got your car then.. hmm will have to keep an eye open for it, but Brums a pretty big place.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.