Examples or thoughts on installing half the body kit on an FR

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
I'm thinking of buying a new FL FR TDI CR in Candy white with black alloys but only maybe getting half the bodykit so it's a bit more subtle.

Do any of you chaps know of any examples with pictures or are there certain combinations that work better than others that you may have seen?

If I was leaving the basic FR bumber on the front then I'd be getting the center bit above the reg painted black like it is on the FL Cupra as it looks a little timid without it compared to the pre-facelift front in my humble opinion.

I think I definately want sideskirts but I'm not sure about the kit elsewhere? :help:

cheers for any advice in advance guys..

demonear

Last edited:

NickP

Apr 23, 2003
Colchester, Essex
Visit site
I have pretty much what you mention, but pre facelift..

IMG_5990-vi.jpg

See sig below :)

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
cheers Nick, your car looks the business. It was really examples of the new model I wanted to see most as I saw a few of the pre facelift with partial kiits on when i almost bought one over a year ago. I take it yours has the normal back bumper too?

If I had bought a pre facelift model I would definately have it like yours but with black alloys as well as the mirrors.

I'm just not convinced about the FL version if gettin that centre bit painted would be enough. I never used to like the big black mock diffuser bit on the back either but it's sort of grown on me and it's nice to have some black off setting all the white.

I suppose I'td ne useful to see a few pics with the FL Leon & the full body kit on too to help make up my mind.

cheers again tho for your input dude :)

Last edited:

RobH

Nov 29, 2008
West Yorkshire
side skirts and spoiler with some gloss black cupra bits would look nice and subtle but also think the pro race 1.2's alloys look good with candy white imo.

HotHatchSteve

Jul 6, 2009
When I had my FL Cupra I went for all but the rear bumper.
When having side skirts I prefer how the body kit front bumper lines flow into the skirts compared to the standard.

IMG_3958.jpg

IMG_3960.jpg

IMG_3961.jpg

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
When I had my FL Cupra I went for all but the rear bumper.
When having side skirts I prefer how the body kit front bumper lines flow into the skirts compared to the standard.

IMG_3958.jpg

This is really nice. Is that the standard kit Spoiler? Does it have a particular name?
I prefer that to the other type I've seen fitted which has a bit that goes it at the middle if i remember right. In fact the one that comes up on the leon 09 accessories page is the other type.

cheers for posting that Steve, gives me a good idea...

Last edited:
Spoiler looks like the one of the new facelift leon or that aftermarket one? Maybe ABT?

Neither the FR or Cupra come with side skirts. On the K1 does as part of the kit. They can be purcahsed as an option.
I have a black magic FR and feel the side skirts and spoiler look great on it. The black magic would not suit the K1/BTCC kit. front/ rear bumper IMO.

However in white both Nicks combo and Steve's with the front bumper look great!
If you want the rear of the car to look more in line with the skirts then JE Design do a rear valance that evens it out.

Just don't get the front and rear bumpers without side skirts and spoiler :D

terrymcg

Apr 27, 2007
Spoiler looks like the one of the new facelift leon or that aftermarket one? Maybe ABT?

Neither the FR or Cupra come with side skirts. On the K1 does as part of the kit. They can be purcahsed as an option.
I have a black magic FR and feel the side skirts and spoiler look great on it. The black magic would not suit the K1/BTCC kit. front/ rear bumper IMO.

However in white both Nicks combo and Steve's with the front bumper look great!
If you want the rear of the car to look more in line with the skirts then JE Design do a rear valance that evens it out.

Just don't get the front and rear bumpers without side skirts and spoiler :D

Any chance of a pic of your motor, I have a black magic FR and would be interested in fitting these.

demonear

Sep 18, 2008
Edinburgh
Nice car Big Foot. I used to hate the black diffuser bit at the back but now i really like it.
If i had been getting the back bumper kit part i'd have the exhausts like that too.

I'm also loving your leather seats.... :coolthumb

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members