Fault Code P1142 - Pannel Filter - MAF Sensor?

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
Hey guys,

Recently bought a Pipercross Panel filter on eBay, used, had done about 1000 miles when i bought it, put it in and then the problems started.

I kept getting Engine Management Lights & EPC lights, now i have just taken it to my local garage, and plugged it into VAG-COM came back with fault

17550/P1142- Load Calculation Cross Check: Lower Limit Exceeded

Mass Air Flow Sensors (G70) faulty
Intake Air System faulty/leaking (false Air)
Throttle Pedal faulty
Throttle Body dirty/faulty

So I’m guessing this panel filter was possibly oiled to much (I didn't think it was, saying that its my first panel so I wouldn't know), or when I replaced the panel filter, i didn't properly secure the cover, which once again I’m sure I did.

Other than that, I was wondering if someone could point out the location of the MAF sensor, as it might be worth seeing if it needs a clean > Or a possible tutorial, I did do a search to no avail. Pictures and instructions would be great!

Any other advice on the problem would be really useful!

Thanks in advance
Jack

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
MAF Sensor is in the air pipe where it goes into the airbox if yours is a TDI , has a oval cable connection forward facing, i have a K&N panel in mine and had no problems ? did it look over oiled ?

Dopsonj

Jan 25, 2010
MAF Sensor is in the air pipe where it goes into the airbox if yours is a TDI , has a oval cable connection forward facing, i have a K&N panel in mine and had no problems ? did it look over oiled ?

Should have said what car i have, 2003 Ibiza 1.4 S (75bhp)

It has a hose which connects into the airbox and then onto the top of the engine? Don't know if that would be it?

Jack

KernowFR

Mr Diesel Box
Apr 2, 2010
Cornwall
Not seen a 1.4petrol version for a while but still should be in the intake pipe from the airfilter to inlet manifold. it will have a connection to it.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.