Fitted my Liquid Gauge today

adam cupra 20vt

Built Not Bought.
Mar 31, 2005
Mud Hut
The actual screen unit looks pretty small, I can't see why you wouldn't be able to make something like a pillar pod to hold it........now theres an idea :D

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Yes it does straight out, the scangauge as it coming out of the side of the pod too, so you have a choice, mine then went through the fuse box cover easily, with no cutting.

They do the cube

liquidcube1.jpg

R69

Nov 18, 2008
West Midlands
...I wonder if it can fit in the cup holder area?

Probably, if you remove the cup holder itself. Now if you can make it hinged around the cup holder so I can pop it in and out as necessary and it'll lay flat/spring up as necessary, that would be great ;)

OH MY GOD!
What an awesome idea - that would be perfect...great location & height, no need to worry about thieves, & SUPERcool to boot! :D

Any plans Awesome? Nev? ;):whistle:

please :drool:

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
does anyone know if the liquid cube has any issues with moving from one car to the next?
as cos i have a PD150 golf and LCR would be good if it would work in both?

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I'm sure they all use the same software, you would need to re-enter the security pin though any time it is changed between cars (security feature).
There is a setting for Diesel or Petrol in the menu.
Give them an email or call to be sure though.

Apr 24, 2007
W. yorkshire
yeah thought all was ok
and just read on their webite that there is a switch
between option
just wasn't sure if there was a liecence written in
like with vag com so to say prevent it been used on multiple cars or something
but then i guess there isn't much point offering it as a portable device then is there?

b1nuzz

Oct 27, 2008
Bristol
How easy is the cabling from the vent? Do you thread it down the air vent, and then behind the stereo?

How does that all work?

Thanks

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
Poke a hole in the plastic vent trunking, then route it to the OBD port.
Takes longer to remove the lower panel under the steering column than anything else.

Fill the heater trunking with the bubble wrap, will protect the Gauge from any heat :)

LEE69

Stage 2 Revo'd
Dec 10, 2004
C\UK\Devon\Torquay
I'd like to know this too...I would prefer one in the centre vents (left or right not bothered) rather than the side vent as it is useful for demisting the drivers window and I never really use the centre vents!:lol:

First time this morning i had to demist my windscreen/side windows and my drivers window demisted fine just by the vent on top of the dash.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members