Fitting a subwoofer in a Leon Mk2

singh123

Cupra
Mar 17, 2008
yeahh that was my consern, i like having the bluetooth, thansk for the link i will have a look into it, if you coudl let me know if and when you fit that it and if it works please?

DaveP

Small Member
Oct 3, 2001
Wiltshire
Visit site
Just raised a ticket with CAD and their response wasn't helpful (they said that there was an audio interrupt on the alpine for telephones - I knew that!).

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
Hey dude - What an excellent write up - Does taking the input for the amp off the speakers affect the sound quality ?

Was thinking of getting a sub and if I can do it under the boot floor then it's a deal :D

Steve

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
I'm looking at uprating the ICE & adding a sub too.

A friend has done this in his Meganne F1, sounds quite good too using a sealed enclosure & the false floor = boot space.

DSCN6339.jpg

DSCN6338.jpg

DSCN6335.jpg

boot floor back in - and nobody would know

DSCN6333.jpg

Have you any details on this ? Very interested !!! I NEED BOOT SPACE.

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
I haven't got a CD Changer or Ice>Link and have been stumped for a few days now on where to get a feed for the remote wire. Just found the 12v cigarette lighter seems to be suitable.

Can anyone see any reason why this won't work. I don't fancy taking apart the centre console to connect the remote to find it don't / won't work.

EDIT: All done and connected, remote feed from cigarette lighter works a treat.

Cheers
Gareth

you said you got your feed from the cigarette lighter . . .

well that's a PERMANENT live so no wonder it works!!! (this is live even with the key out and the doors locked - therefore there will always be a current) this will be wasting you battery big time!

jeyre

Great little guide mate. :) Like you, i find the standard door speakers aren't really good at all and I was thinking of upgrading the door speakers then maybe even a sub, so when I do i'll be sure to use this for help if I need it :thumbup:

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
you said you got your feed from the cigarette lighter . . .

well that's a PERMANENT live so no wonder it works!!! (this is live even with the key out and the doors locked - therefore there will always be a current) this will be wasting you battery big time!

No no no - The lighter in mine does NOT work without the ignition on. So it should be fine...

ChrisMansell

Sep 4, 2008
No no no - The lighter in mine does NOT work without the ignition on. So it should be fine...

hmmm, weird. well sounds good then!!

that sub in the picture above, is not even a sub though! it looks only about 6 inches (if that) so I'd class it as a mid ranged speaker like ones you'd find in big car's doors.

I used to have a 12" sub built into the floor of my old megane, but that took up more room than the spare tyre (about 1.5 times the amount of room).

with my leon when you lift up the boot floor, there is no spare tyre, just a pump up kit - so no room for a sub.

I think that if you want a sub, you should just buy either a 10 or 12 inch sub, with a box. if you put a speaker of that size anywhere, I don't think you'd even notice tbh.

djnemesis

Aug 17, 2008
Davros - How did you get the rear seats out - I can't seem to unclip the front of them - When I push them backward I can can the rear of the seat to come out...

Davros

IIRC (It was a good year and half ago now!) you have to pull the front of the rear bench upwards (quite hard). This will release clips at the front. It will then hinge, and you can pull the brackets out quite easily.

Hurdy

Yorkshire - born and bred
Oct 7, 2008
South Yorkshire
Good writeup.

I did my own arch install, but looking at the Leon, there isn't much room there for one compared with the Golf. I'd much prefer there to have been a deeper spare wheel well like the Leon as putting the sub in there is a really good solution.[B)]

JUS CRU-ZN

BOOST JUNKIE!!
Mar 14, 2008
I got the pinout from ELSAWIN (Seat workshop manuals - off eBay), but this may help you. I assume i used the +uB CDC - they were labelled differently on ELSAWIN. I'd check, but i've reformatted my PC since then and haven't installed it again.

546279105_c8570cd2db.jpg

If it doesn't work, give me a shout and i can pull my radio out and check, but i'm without my car for a couple of days

Thanks to you all for a brilliant guide... shoud be in FAQ IMHO.

One small question... I connected my remote to the +uB CDC but amp stays on permanently. Any other ideas??? i dont like the idea of always needing a separate switch.

Thx

Poverty

Need to find a switched live for my remote cable now. Is the cigarrette lighter 100% dead with no ignition? Suppose I can always get out my multimeter!

alexangas

hey guys ive installed a 10'' Rockford Fosgate sub in my Leon. About the headunit (hate it!) which unit would u recomend?
Cheers!

Aug 11, 2008
Liverpool
Whats your budget?

I've just fitted an Alpine W505R into mine and it is excellant! :)

Think a sub may be next on my list.. But I need to find someone to do a good job with it as I'd probably mess it up..

Audio Advice

audio into leon

Hello folks - first post since joining.

Ok guys there are lots of options for your Leons.

There is plenty of space in the floor if you want to sacrifice the spare wheel and if you dont a custom made box can be moulded into the passengers side rear quarter then trimmed in VAG style grey carpet.

I cant post pics yet but if anyone would like some pics e-mailed then let me know

Cheers folks :funk: