Fitting Coilovers today - Advise needed...

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
Hello all,

I am fiitng the coilovers shown below today to my ibiza...

Any advise/tips prior to fitting and also during fitting would be great.

i.e. where to grease up before installation.

S6300121.jpg

If you could refer to pic then it'll stop me askin stupid questions later... lookin to start fitting them at about 10am so any assistance before then would be great....

Also what is the best height for a comfy but sporty ride? (in 'mm' or number of threads...

Cheers

PS. Look out for my Jamex Lowering Springs in the for sale section tommorow.

Adam R

Diesel ISN'T a Dirty word
Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
Hello all,

I am fiitng the coilovers shown below today to my ibiza...

Any advise/tips prior to fitting and also during fitting would be great.

i.e. where to grease up before installation.

S6300121.jpg

If you could refer to pic then it'll stop me askin stupid questions later... lookin to start fitting them at about 10am so any assistance before then would be great....

Also what is the best height for a comfy but sporty ride? (in 'mm' or number of threads...

Cheers

PS. Look out for my Jamex Lowering Springs in the for sale section tommorow.

they look identical to my AP coilovers.... you will love em mate!!!

one thing i would say is once you have set them to a nice height, give them a good coating of waxoil on the threads and adjusters, this will help and keep them free of stuff to make em rust..
yes it may make them look horrid but you can really see the waxoil unless your on your hands and knees having a good old look.

also dont forget to get your tracking and camber done.

any another thing. get a mate or 2 to help with the rear axle.
remove both old shocks and springs from the rear axle and install new ones, then push the rear axle back in to place and have a mate to put the stuff on the top and put the screw on. (tis a biotch if you set the coilovers too low.)

also once installed the rears will drop a good inch or so, so dont get too optomistic with the rears when installing them as the helper spring will compress lots... i found this out when i was going down the road and my rear mudflaps where scraping along the road :-o

Last edited:

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
the top rubber mount and all the fixing bits.... i think there are some cup type things.. hard to explain over here. just basically put everything back together the way it came out but with the new shock and spring in place.

__B3NNY__

OEM with a 'Twist'
May 5, 2005
Oxford
Looks a nice ride height mate, wheels go well with the car but then im biased :D

I would have replaced the mounts tho.

Mat

Looks good now mate, lose the tints tho imo

nah, he needs medium tints on front to make it look spot on. Or replace the rear tints wi medium. I HATE seein cars wi Limo on rear and then nothing on front. Should be a subtle transition like mine

V15NEV

Cat Stopper
Feb 15, 2008
Manchester
front tints are required me thinks...

i'll have to save a few pennies first.. oh and the black vinyl on the b-pillar needs fitting...

Cheers for the comments..

Unsure of what camber i'm running? What do mean by that adam...

Adam R

Mar 5, 2007
lee in the solent
camber on the front wheels, this needs to be done when new suspension is fitted. basically how much the wheel is in our out...

0 Degree camber means the wheel is perfectly upright

Negative camber means the top of the wheel is getting closer to the shocks

Positive camber mean the top of the wheel is getting further from the suspension..

i am running stock negative camber -0.3 degrees but i am going to increase this to around -0.5 as im not happy with the handlign around corners

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.