Forge strut brace

16vAK

Dec 25, 2006
Hi, does anyone have a picture of the forge strut brace fitted to their car that they could share?

I'm thinking of getting a strut brace, but want ideally a chrome one, which supposidly the Forge one is meant to be.

Thanks in advance.

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
heres a pic of one i fitted to a fellow members car ( copyright andygdon 2006 hehe)

hope it helps , on a note , it fits first time and the quality is up there with forge's best bits , good mod

stoneyfordNI

GGG GGG GGGIGITYYY
Jan 9, 2005
Lisburn NI
no probs

on a side note , if i remember correctly its easier to get the airbox lid off with a forge brace than a momo (seat) one

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
if it helps, heres a few of mine

strutbrace1nz0.jpg

strutbrace2dz5.jpg

enginepic4xn2.jpg

on a side note , if i remember correctly its easier to get the airbox lid off with a forge brace than a momo (seat) one

when i fitted mine, the strut brace has pushed my airbox down slightly so it is now wedged in good and proper! have been told i need to get a couple of washers to put under the strut brace to raise it up slightly. might be a different case on other models, dont know :confused:

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
i think cupra jay if you where to put washers under it if it is that tight on the airbox think it will just cause it to rattle would leave it my seat sport strut brace clears the airbox buy at least 2" :)

cupra jay whats happened to your battery cover??

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
am not going to bother with the washers anyway, is staying as it is

nothings happened to my battery cover, thats how i got it! not touched it. shud it be different?

davels

soon 2B 2 wheeler!
Jun 16, 2006
Norwich
heres a pic of one i fitted to a fellow members car ( copyright andygdon 2006 hehe)

hope it helps , on a note , it fits first time and the quality is up there with forge's best bits , good mod

what paint did you use on your engine cover mate. if you don't mind me askin:)

Cupra_Jay

Orange Wheels FTW!!
Oct 25, 2006
Pub!!
ive never had that cover before! only cover i had was the main engine one which i have taken off as i cudnt get the strut brace on with it on the car

not 100% sure on the paint, but it looks like he has sprayed it the same colour as the main bodywork

rashcupra

MV AGUSTA & 1.8T DUB MK4
Oct 15, 2006
crawley
should have that smoother bit over the top of the battery and electrics tidy's it up. you can modify the engine cover so it fits on with the forge strut brace but then you wont see all your samco vaccume pipes!

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.