FR Useless reversing light

martin j.

Feb 11, 2007
Fife
I usually reverse up the drive and so the white garage door helps a bit, if in doubt the rear foglight actually helps too, trying find where I got the cree I fitted the to the mk2, it made a huge difference.

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton

I installed the reversing light from here yesterday; it's much, much brighter as well as being whiter. It has made a huge difference. I've also cranked up the power via OBDEleven to 125 so it has gone from useless to street lighting.

Chiggers

Oct 29, 2016
I usually reverse up the drive and so the white garage door helps a bit, if in doubt the rear foglight actually helps too, trying find where I got the cree I fitted the to the mk2, it made a huge difference.

I always reverse up the drive. If not I would be reversing out onto a road that isn't a main road but is busy enough, with cars parked opposite, restricted visibility in both directions and therefore sticking the back end out without being able to see what's coming. I also have a white garage door, plus a light by it on a PIR switch so that comes on as the car approaches so I can see pretty much everything. Once clipped the very tip of the door mirror on the garage door as I backed in but nothing other than that

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
I installed the reversing light from here yesterday; it's much, much brighter as well as being whiter. It has made a huge difference. I've also cranked up the power via OBDEleven to 125 so it has gone from useless to street lighting.
Where do you change the power setting in obdeleven? Can you share a link for details? I've got the same bulbs on order ;)

seatgraham

Feb 14, 2012

I did wonder if reversing in was not a better option

Stick hazards on for a bit more light?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HazeTaze

Aug 31, 2016

I also want to know =)

Chiggers

Oct 29, 2016
At the IAM course that I went on many years ago, the instructor advised that it is always best to reverse and manoeuvre with a warm engine; technology has obviously moved on since then but on cold dark mornings and evenings trying to reverse through a cloud of your own emissions can't be easy. About the only time that I don't reverse-park is in supermarket car parks so that I can access the boot for loading. If there is a section with a pedestrian walkway between the two rows though, I would always back in so that I don't have to reverse out 'blind' to cars and pedestrians

RobM

Back from the dead...
Sep 27, 2006
Southampton
Where do you change the power setting in obdeleven? Can you share a link for details? I've got the same bulbs on order ;)

I also want to know =)

I found it here: http://obdeleven.proboards.com/thread/764/coding-adaptations

Adjusting the intensity of the reverse
With this change we can adjust the light intensity reverse.
1 - Module 09 - Electronic. Code (31347)
2 - Adaptation
3 - Select - Leuchte29RFL RA64
4 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 29
5 - Change the desired value. maximum 127
6 - Select - Leuchte28RFL LC11
7 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 28
8 - Change to the desired value. maximum 127

I originally made this change with the standard bulb fitted, which seemed to make very little difference since it was so weak. With the LED and this I can see into next week it's so bright.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire

2 - Adaptation
4 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 29
7 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 28

I originally made this change with the standard bulb fitted, which seemed to make very little difference since it was so weak. With the LED and this I can see into next week it's so bright.
Thanks for link

HazeTaze

Aug 31, 2016

2 - Adaptation
4 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 29
7 - Sub - Dimmwert AB 28

Awsome mod. Makes a lot in diffrence. Should be posted in vcds guide. Btw, to make it work i only had to change Leuchte29RFL RA64.

kiddo

ST Cupra
May 30, 2015
Lancashire
Changed reverse and indicator bulbs just now. Easy mod with details on here. On my st the lights had to come away from side of car rather than pull towards the back. Reverse light bulb is behind cover on boot lid which slides to the side for removal. Reverse light is very bright so don't think I'll up the intensity. Bulbs were expensive but you can't put a price on safety. Pondering red 501s for footwell now ;)

hc25036

Mar 13, 2015
I'm confused (again!). Bought this one (http://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk/382-Twenty20-Cree-LED-12V-P21W-Canbus-Bayonet-Bulb.html) which is the one recommended on page 1 and it's nothing like the bulb installed in my 2015 FR hatchback with the LED pack. The installed bulb looks more like the bulbs that used to inhabit Christmas tree lights before LEDs!

IMG_0569_zpshh8nasck.jpg

That is about a quarter of the size of the one I bought....

Can anyone identify the correct LED bulb for me (If there is one)?

The good news - anyone want the Autobulbsdirect bulb for a tenner including delivery?

Rick

hc25036

Mar 13, 2015
I'll have to get it out again - and it's just started raining! Watch this space...

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.