Front Grill "S" painted black...?

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Remove, remove, remove! i have nothing at my side indicators and have also got the clear side indicators and it looks far, far tidier than any i have seen with big bulky badges stuck on. cleaning in around them is a nightmare anyway...

Tend to agree. tbh I want people to know its an FR, not a tarted up base model (no disrespect guys :)) If anything it will stop the 1.0 Corsas revving up beside me at the lights!!!! Mind you, if they can stick SRI badges on I suppose my car could be bloody anything :lol: I remember sitting with a TT and when we chatted after he was gutted mine was diesel :D

White_Lady_170

Dirty Derv
Jan 20, 2009
N. Ireland
Tend to agree. tbh I want people to know its an FR, not a tarted up base model (no disrespect guys :)) If anything it will stop the 1.0 Corsas revving up beside me at the lights!!!! Mind you, if they can stick SRI badges on I suppose my car could be bloody anything :lol: I remember sitting with a TT and when we chatted after he was gutted mine was diesel :D

ha! yes, the GSI V8 Type R's :lol: halfords have a lot to answer for! :banned:

I remember taking a wee run with a TT myself, ended badly at the top end but pulling, there wasnt that much of a difference :D

Snowsurfer

Dec 23, 2008
Anyone know how much a new S grill badge is ? im gonna have a go at removing mine as i have a big stone chip on it. Can you only remove it by removing the whole grill first ?

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Hi

New here so sorry if i'm being stupid...Can you just buy the black grill and a black S badge? Or that a no?

As soon as my car comes i will be doing this mod. Looks great, and the cars posted on here looking good, also much better with a little bit of black paint can do.

Ashley

InfernalBadger

Sep 6, 2006
Berkshire
Just want to add that I hate this mod :D But each to their own ;)

The front grill just looks too empty without the chrome badge.

Also, it almost seems as though you're ashamed of it being a seat? :'(

seremotors

Dave the Parts Manager
Mar 11, 2008
Belfast UK
www.seatcupra.net
Hi

New here so sorry if i'm being stupid...Can you just buy the black grill and a black S badge? Or that a no?

As soon as my car comes i will be doing this mod. Looks great, and the cars posted on here looking good, also much better with a little bit of black paint can do.

Ashley

Black Cupra grille - yes
Black 'S' - no, all chrome only
Badgeless options available from aftermarket suppliers on ebay :ban:

benskin07

Apr 26, 2009
South Wales - Cardiff
Hi thanks for that. Do you know how much the black cupra grill is? Hope its not a stupid price like audi grill were.
Im guesing the S badge probably around £10-£15? maybe £20 max?
Looks like i better buy a spare one to try this out with first.
Not too sure myself on a badgeless grill. But each to there own :)

Thanks

Ashley

Black Cupra grille - yes
Black 'S' - no, all chrome only
Badgeless options available from aftermarket suppliers on ebay :ban:

BrainSample

I'm considering painting my back boot lock badge black, but if I don't want to ruin the original chrome badge a new one from the stealers is going to set me back fifty quid!!!!! Decisions, decisions.....

BrainSample

Yes, vinyl may be a good option - ta for the suggestion :O)

I actually have some black vinyl to do the front number plate surround (aka Cupra style) so I'll slap some on the rear badge. If I don't like it I can always rip it off!

Last edited by a moderator:
Dec 15, 2007
South East London
Just want to add that I hate this mod :D But each to their own ;)

The front grill just looks too empty without the chrome badge.

Also, it almost seems as though you're ashamed of it being a seat? :'(

My thoughts entirely but like you said each to their own....

Can only think of 2 reasons to take off badges, because you are ashamed of the make, or because you want people to think its a lesser model, either way it just looks stupid to me...

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise