Got my body back..........!

I am pretty sure it's not gonna be very quick with that motor :D

way back in about 1972 (? someone correct me if this is the wrong date!) there was a certain F1 car running a big fan to create "ground effect" via a vacuum! that is gonna be my version! NOT!

The entire fuel system is in the car, lines , pumps, filters, etc, but obviously suitably spec'd / sealed from the cabin to FIA international specs

F7r is originally from the clio williams, but this is the 714 version which is the Megane 16v homologation item for the Maxi kit cars, hence the block is 30% stiffer but 6kg lighter, which is nice. Even so i have done a lot of strengthening on the bottomed, with a 12mm steel plate and machined from solid crank bearing caps effectively turning the bottom end into a ladder frame style assembly, and then further stiffened by a machined from solid dry sump plate.

crankplate5.jpg

engbuild2.jpg

It is obviously running ALS! how else am i going to impress the chavs without a flaming tailpipe otherwise? loL!

not a great pic of the underneath bits:
underside1.jpg

the biggest problem i have, it that seeing professionally built WRC cars all day long, kinda sets the bar pretty high in terms of build quality and spec, hence the car has taken ages to put together!

Jun 28, 2001
so knowing that i'm up 35k on my mk 3 bitza whats the estimate then?
60 -80k??

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Holy jesus. Can we see this and the ickle Badger beeza together when they are both up and running please?

it would be a hell of an article for a magazine....
morphed nutter ibiza's with big extreme's of development and direction.

RobT's mental valver
my daft thing
Pauls beast.

They're all pretty darned wide these days to :D

You up for it one day when finished Paul?
I know the VAG mag peeps quite well.

it would be a hell of an article for a magazine....
morphed nutter ibiza's with big extreme's of development and direction.

RobT's mental valver
my daft thing
Pauls beast.

They're all pretty darned wide these days to :D

You up for it one day when finished Paul?
I know the VAG mag peeps quite well.

Sounds good to me, on one condition! that we get them tested at a track that is not too small and has long straights,otherwise we might both get to look very silly indeed when Rob's pickle wipes the floor with both our cars! :rolleyes:

how does Spa sound? lol!

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
Sounds good to me, on one condition! that we get them tested at a track that is not too small and has long straights,otherwise we might both get to look very silly indeed when Rob's pickle wipes the floor with both our cars! :rolleyes:

how does Spa sound? lol!

hehe... yea... robt scampers off into the sunset out of the corners whilst we wind up dee boost...

:hide:

RobT

Full throttle trip
Nov 30, 2001
Congleton
hmm, be nice to think so but I dont think there would be much response to 500hp long or short track

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.