Got my body back..........!

I have finally got my body back!

yup, at last, i have my bodyshell back from the finishers, having been acid dipped, electroplated and then painted.

It's "old-skool" rally car white (as all proper rally cars should be!) and in case anyone is interested (RobT etc) the bare shell without any closures or subframes, but with a pretty substantial weld-in roll cage weighed 248kg.

So, i have just got to get it all bolted back together now! So i'm off to call the family and tell them that christmas is cancelled this year as i shall be spending it in the garage lol..............

:)

PB250065.jpg

pi16.jpg

davidol

New ghetto whip :)
Aug 17, 2004
Cardiff
that looks awesome what arches are they? did you build the shell to that spec or purchase it already complete minus paint

YIN

Leon cupra Mk2
Oct 6, 2003
Dudley
www.futuremark.com
it is a renault engine (dyno'd at 518bhp before chrimbo last year in non FIA restricted spec) but it's got a Quaiffe motorsport box (6spd seq) and a E46 M3 rear diff, the suspension is all unique except for the fact that it uses Ford WRC uprights! :thumbup:

As to if it's an Ibiza, no idea, i call it the Bitza! :roflmao:

taken from another post this is going to be some beast:-o
which renault engine is it?
is this a track day car or being built to a class spec?

taken from another post this is going to be some beast:-o
which renault engine is it?
is this a track day car or being built to a class spec?

calling it a renault engine is a bit like saying the car is an Ibiza, lol!

radturbo2.jpg

engturb2.jpg

ICfnt2.jpg

APfrnt4.jpg

pi10.jpg

it's built to mostly be a fun trackday car, but also when fitted with a 34mm inlet restrictor it will neatly fit into the "over 2litre 2wd" non- homologated classes for UK tarmac rallying, well until they probably ban it for being too quick :p

Whole car is purpose built, with my own mods / cage / kelvar arches etc. which is where the last 4 years of my life have dissapeared too. DOH!

Triple D

This build looks excellent. This thing is gonna be an absolute monster when its finished :D

ibizacupra

Jack-RIP my little Friend
Jul 25, 2001
glos.uk
nice one paul...
your getting there.... will be fantastic to see it in the flesh one day running.

inspirational m8 :clap:

Tom B

Apr 2, 2002
Northampton
Just to test my Renault knowledge...

The block's an F7R - is it from the Clio Williams?

The shell looks awesome, I can't wait to see it out and about!

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.