Graeme's LCR - Now Sold *wave*

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Was going to saw lower but I knew it was on your mind ;)

haha :p yeh needs it just weather i do it or not!

i need the remap before that , as i think my map currently is ****ing up with all the new stuff ive got on it , mafs seem to be getting chewed up , and loosing boost

boost issue might be because of bigger FMIC? (i hope)
and esp light came on agian for MAF , and just replaced maf 2 weeks ago for this so cant buy my 4th one yet :/

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Engine bay got a quick clean at the weekend, after fitting new track rod end, new knock sensor , and also replaced the join in the n249 bypass to just 1 red vac hose :)

IMG_0809.jpg

IMG_0805.jpg

IMG_0806.jpg

IMG_0807.jpg

IMG_0808.jpg

Last edited:

DOLBY

Jun 24, 2006
North of London
www.facebook.com
Nice car man, a quick question, with regards to refurbing your brembos. Did you remove anything from them or did you just mask every single thing up?.....i mean painting in situ does fook the braking power up does it?

cheers

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
cheers :)

great minds think alike :happy:

i just need to get the same power as yours :p

You'll get there mate, certainly got the right parts in place to make good power.

Couple of questions.... Which DV re-location kit is that? I might one in the near future, in red of course.. Also liking the 008! Got me thinking now.. Haha!

And on your boost issue, is it still doing it? Does it spike/surge? Any specific gears? Mine has been spiking in 4th, 5th and 6th and making a fluttery noise. On reading a few threads on here and other forums, it seems the N75 valve is dead/dying. It controls the wastegate and if faulty doesn't seem to open/close it correctly from what I've read. Anyway, I've ordered a new one from ebay (genuine VAG N75) and am going to see if it cures it. If that sounds familiar at all, consider the N75 if you've not replaced it or got an invoice anywhere of it being replaced. Sadly on these cars, sensors/electrical valves seem to die off over time. The N75 got revised though I believe and the one I bought is the newer version. El recently did the same and it cured the exact issue I described.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
You'll get there mate, certainly got the right parts in place to make good power.

Couple of questions.... Which DV re-location kit is that? I might one in the near future, in red of course.. Also liking the 008! Got me thinking now.. Haha!

And on your boost issue, is it still doing it? Does it spike/surge? Any specific gears? Mine has been spiking in 4th, 5th and 6th and making a fluttery noise. On reading a few threads on here and other forums, it seems the N75 valve is dead/dying. It controls the wastegate and if faulty doesn't seem to open/close it correctly from what I've read. Anyway, I've ordered a new one from ebay (genuine VAG N75) and am going to see if it cures it. If that sounds familiar at all, consider the N75 if you've not replaced it or got an invoice anywhere of it being replaced. Sadly on these cars, sensors/electrical valves seem to die off over time. The N75 got revised though I believe and the one I bought is the newer version. El recently did the same and it cured the exact issue I described.

yup haha , remap is soon (should be the next couple weeks :funk:)

its the forge kit ( Link - http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=190202&product=FM225DVRLK )
red is a must ;P haha , yeh haha love the 008 tbh :p design is much nicer imo than the 007

i am to believe its still doing it , spiking u mean going up in boost?
im not really sure whats going on tbh , when i rev up fast and change fast etc 2 or 3rd i get a nice boost reading of 20 ish psi , however if im in 3 , 4 or 5 and try to hold it , only see it reaching 15 psi , which seems low? , but im not really sure , a new n75 is on my list , as no invoices for one in my history , so its prob due one tbh.

im unsure if this means anything but also with the LG i can look at the n75 valve , and most the time in the higher gears when on full throttle it only reads 75% max , however i dno if thats correct or wrong ? , as lower gears it does reach at least 95% ? .. :shrug: haha

ill prob get it replaced tbh , and also try to tidy up the TIP area somehow by moving the DV pipe work over it or something or try to get less bends

Last edited:

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
yup haha , remap is soon (should be the next couple weeks :funk:)

its the forge kit ( Link - http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk/content.asp?inc=product&cat=190202&product=FM225DVRLK )
red is a must ;P haha , yeh haha love the 008 tbh :p design is much nicer imo than the 007

i am to believe its still doing it , spiking u mean going up in boost?
im not really sure whats going on tbh , when i rev up fast and change fast etc 2 or 3rd i get a nice boost reading of 20 ish psi , however if im in 3 , 4 or 5 and try to hold it , only see it reaching 15 psi , which seems low? , but im not really sure , a new n75 is on my list , as no invoices for one in my history , so its prob due one tbh.

im unsure if this means anything but also with the LG i can look at the n75 valve , and most the time in the higher gears when on full throttle it only reads 75% max , however i dno if thats correct or wrong ? , as lower gears it does reach at least 95% ? .. :shrug: haha

ill prob get it replaced tbh , and also try to tidy up the TIP area somehow by moving the DV pipe work over it or something or try to get less bends

What map you going for mate?

The Forge kit looks good tbh. I might get it just to match my upper boost hoses, lol. And a 008 while I'm there, eventually though! No rush yet. Agree the 008 looks nicer.

If the car is holding back it sounds like a MAF. The N75's failing tend to causes spiking so yeah overboost in 4th gear up and a weird fluttery noise at the wastegate. Car will still pull hard but tbh it's erratic boost. My car never used to do this so something has failed! :blink: And I'm sure it's the N75. When it arrives I'll get it fitted and update my RR and will say if it's cured it. They do go so might be worth doing if you think it could be a cause of your issue. Mine was £45 with delivery I think it was. I recently posted the ebay number of the one I bought in my RR for Matt, have a look if you want it.

Less bends in the pipework will help, also check the DV to chargepipe one's (one fat one thin) that go to the top of the chargepipe are on the bracket correctly and not getting squashed there at all. Was like it on my car for some time lol...

Hope you cure your issue dude.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
What map you going for mate?

The Forge kit looks good tbh. I might get it just to match my upper boost hoses, lol. And a 008 while I'm there, eventually though! No rush yet. Agree the 008 looks nicer.

If the car is holding back it sounds like a MAF. The N75's failing tend to causes spiking so yeah overboost in 4th gear up and a weird fluttery noise at the wastegate. Car will still pull hard but tbh it's erratic boost. My car never used to do this so something has failed! :blink: And I'm sure it's the N75. When it arrives I'll get it fitted and update my RR and will say if it's cured it. They do go so might be worth doing if you think it could be a cause of your issue. Mine was £45 with delivery I think it was. I recently posted the ebay number of the one I bought in my RR for Matt, have a look if you want it.

Less bends in the pipework will help, also check the DV to chargepipe one's (one fat one thin) that go to the top of the chargepipe are on the bracket correctly and not getting squashed there at all. Was like it on my car for some time lol...

Hope you cure your issue dude.

getting a custom map from a guy up my way (real time mapping, logging on the road etc)
been recommend him by friends and also my cousin/uncle who own a garage and know there stuff so should be good , well im hoping for good , but tbh anything is prob better that this 'unknown' map i have atm

haha its always nice to match things :) i say u just get it while your on the site :p save time re-visting :lol:

well nah its actually not holdiong back tbh im still getting clsoe to my RR'd figures(BHP/MAF readings) from the liquid gauge , tbh im sure the car has a mind of its own :blink: , ill check for that link your own about and get one ordered soon i think :) , im also not sure if mine does chatter or anything like that i may try get a noise video and some logs and post them up see if anyone thinks theres something wrong :shrug:

yup :) , its just trying to get less bends is hard haha so little space round about the Tip with 5 things poking all over the place haha
yeh ones on the charge pipe are all fine (only got one connected into it due to Cold side relocation)

cheers buddy , same with you , ill be sure to keep a eye on your RR

Last edited:

Jokerman261

James
Apr 9, 2012
Aberdeenshire
getting a custom map from a guy up my way (real time mapping, logging on the road etc)
been recommend him by friends and also my cousin/uncle who own a garage and know there stuff so should be good , well im hoping for good , but tbh anything is prob better that this 'unknown' map i have atm

I didn't know you were Mikes cousin, I think I've fallen in love with his civic. :happy:

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Nice car man, a quick question, with regards to refurbing your brembos. Did you remove anything from them or did you just mask every single thing up?.....i mean painting in situ does fook the braking power up does it?

cheers

cheers dude , i mainly masked everything up , toke off the brake line , but mainly masked everything that i didnt want to spray up
im not sure what you mean ?

I didn't know you were Mikes cousin, I think I've fallen in love with his civic. :happy:

hahaha good one :p lol
i havnt seen it yet , this the track one yeh? that james and jim are also making ones?

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Well today i found out that theres actually not a remap on the car :) , got the ECU checked and its the standard map thats on it) which makes things even more awesome when i actually do get the stage2 map :D

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Well today i found out that theres actually not a remap on the car :) , got the ECU checked and its the standard map thats on it) which makes things even more awesome when i actually do get the stage2 map :D

What figures did you make at Wallace that day again? You had a FMIC, B5 TIP and exhaust then didn't you?