Graeme's LCR - Now Sold *wave*

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Wow, 42bhp from the TIP and exhaust alone... It was freezing cold that day too though I guess. I'd say you'll do pretty well out of a remap then :)

Wouldn't be a Mr. Manson that checked your ECU by any chance?

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Custom Map on :)

No real figures as not been RR'ed , however its looking to be 275-280 BHP at the flywheel
figure seems low for stage2 however call pulls like a train and so crazy smoooooothhhhhh its like a new car and so so so much better than before.
boost hits 1.4bar at 2.5k-3K revs and then holds 1.2bar all the way to over 6K :)

so im very pleased with the map! , getting a 4 Bar Fuel Pressure Regulator then getting the map tweaked to change the timing middle revs and should see more increase in acceleration :)

also sorry for saying the car didnt have a map it actually did :S , dave wasnt sure as the map hadnt been decoded, and the values that should be changed wasnt , when he sent it down to get checked the map was actually a anceint map by superchips (they actually signed the map) and boost wasnt touched same with other values cant remeber what was changed but only 3 things were changed about the map lol!

Last edited:

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
RR day at Wallace this Saturday mate ;) It's on Pistonheads, think it's a SIDC thing but someone posted it on PH in the Scotland section. I'll be there.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
hmmmm

IMG_0841.jpg

IMG_0842.jpg

since there was a leak in my car a while back after getting it filled and sorted there was still a bad smell so everything out to dry atm , rollin ghte stripped look :p , will clean all plastics before there back in and also clean all the bits inside the car i can now reach ! :p

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Don't understand why you'd need the 4bar FPR, my car makes 285bhp on Revo stage 1 on the stock 3bar. In any case tho, the numbers are only like 1/10th of the story, main thing is how it drives :)

You going to the meet/night out on Sat?

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
Don't understand why you'd need the 4bar FPR, my car makes 285bhp on Revo stage 1 on the stock 3bar. In any case tho, the numbers are only like 1/10th of the story, main thing is how it drives :)

You going to the meet/night out on Sat?

:shrug: was told it would be a good thing to get , get it in then twink the map to have better timing mid range

yeh i should be there , at least to the meet / food part not sure if ill go out into town but will see how things go! , you?

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Hmm, seems a strange way to do it, timing usually has more to do with intake temps than fuelling. Advancing timing doesn't make a big performance difference anyway, not as much as you'd notice if you're increasing boost at the same time. You can log injector on time with VAGCOM/VCDS and work out injector duty cycle from there. No need to increase fuel pressure unless that's getting close to 100% but maybe Dave's done that. Have you got any logs from him?

Yeah I'll be there, haven't made it to many meets this year. I won't be out late I don't think as I'll need to work a bit over the weekend but I'll see you there anyway :)

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
well tbh i dont know much about it haha :S , dave did save some logs i dont have them , he did go over them however again i didnt really know what i was looking at XD only one i knew was the boost log

cool cool should be a good laugh i think either way

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
Do you know anyone else with VAGCOM? Might be worth getting a decent set of logs done and posting here. Dave's good, don't get me wrong, but a lot of folk on here are too.

8bit

Feb 11, 2010
Aberdeen
I can work VAGCOM while you drive if you like. We can speak on Sat and sort something out for next week if you want.

t0m

LCR 225
Apr 29, 2007
Kent
Doubt you'll need a 4 bar FPR mate, not many of us run them, was an old Revo recommendation years ago but if you ring them now they say it's not necessarily needed really.

Jun 23, 2011
Inverurie
I can work VAGCOM while you drive if you like. We can speak on Sat and sort something out for next week if you want.

sounds good :D

Doubt you'll need a 4 bar FPR mate, not many of us run them, was an old Revo recommendation years ago but if you ring them now they say it's not necessarily needed really.

hmmmm , wonder why dave thinks i should get one then , he def said it would improve something :shrug: top end power i think

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise