Guide to LCR 210/225 differences

nick-h

Whats the differencs between facelift and preface lift?

Just minor things like stated mirros, steering wheel? or larger things bumpers grills etc?

JamJay

California Bound

Just minor things like stated mirros, steering wheel? or larger things bumpers grills etc?

There was never a facelift as such, the exterior stayed the same apart from the mirrors and the side repeators changed slightly but stayed the same shape. Interior changes were only a single CD player as opposed to the tape player and 6 CD changer and a slightly chunkier steering wheel.

mariuselu

Hello,

I have a 210 Cupra. How the engine can be upgraded to 225? Only remapped?

Thanks

andycupra

status subject to change
Hello,

I have a 210 Cupra. How the engine can be upgraded to 225? Only remapped?

Thanks

the 210 and 225 engines (AMK and BAM coded engines) remap to the same power.
It would appear that they are essentially the same engine the 225 presumably having a slightly different stock ecy map.

There has been alot of discussion on differences between AMK and BAM engines in the past and nobody has found any difference of note.

There was some talk of different pins in the engine, but that seems to have been disproved...

Ps - most 210s tend to give a bit more than 210bhp, and on the 225 i think im right that the figure isnt actually bhp, its something else, i cant remember what, but 222bhp rings a bell. So the difference between the two as standard is likely to be less than it apears.

Last edited:

andycupra

status subject to change

when people talk about facelift on this forum they are usually refering to the cupra, not the cupra R.
Early cupras, were more about luxury and were a UK regadging exercise. Seat had a sport model, and in the UK they put all the options on it, leather, ESP cruise, auto wipers, auto dim rear view mirror, CD changer elecric memory seats etc etc and bedadges it as a cupra. the cupra being around £1800 more than the sport..

After a while they dropped the sport and downgraded the cupra so it was more like the sport was, (and dropped price of the cupra).
then they facelifted the cupra, (around 2002) so it now has starfish alloys, a better front and rear bumper and side skirts.
Early cupras just has ordinary bumpers and no skirts. They also has 16" mutispoke alloys.

Last edited:

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Running the risk of being accused of spamming, just wanted to say this guide (and the buying guide) have been a real good read, I'm going to look at a LCR later today, am hoping it's the "one"

Thanks! :)

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Thanks to the guides I read on here, I found a couple of faults and got my LCR for £3400.

Thanks to all the contributing people who posted info. :)

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
Well, it is "slightly" above average miles of 108k! :D

Needs a bit of love mechanically and a bloody good clean and wheel refurb.

She needs:

Antiroll bar and clamps
Rad fans
Rear washer motor
Cambelt and waterpump due
Full service due (but have history)
2x top mounts on the front

Nothing too major but enough to qualify for much cheapness!

clgale88

Know this is an old thread but im looking at a cupra R im bit confused its a 54 plate in grey on hpi and insurance qoute says its a 225 but it has black badges not the red as stated on here and has red on the steering wheel is this a 225 or 210 well confused :/

clgale88

Ok put my mind at rest. not sure what to do bout it yet hpi it and its had 3 former owners last change was january this year and its at a dealer so not sure what to do.

MarkWabe

Be the change
Aug 15, 2010
Braintree
TBH, follow the guide on here mate, you can't go far wrong. I knew fap all about LCR's before I read this guide and it was a godsend when I went to look at mine, also got me £400 off asking price because of the faults I found. :)

The engines are fairly bulletproof. If it's been serviced regular and appears well looked after sounds OK.

Just listen to your gut feeling, if something doesn't feel "right" don't buy it, you won't enjoy it as much as one that feels right. :)

clgale88

Yea good point well its at a garage havnt rang yet to ask bout it so may ask see bout sdervice history cambelt change etc etc

clgale88

Yea may have ring them in a min see what they have to say milege dosnt worry me at 69k its if its been reg serviced and had the cambelt change and obviosuly want it to pull like a train so expect the turbo to be ok

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.