H7 HID conversion kit

ebeem

I'm looking to buy an H7 HID conversion kit, after reading some threads here i understood to walk away from cheap kits , so should I be looking at something else other than Philips's kits ? and
how much does the PHILIPS Xenon HID Conversion Kit H7 (6000K) sell for ?

Steely

semiskimmed cupra R
Dec 30, 2008
Doncaster
IVe been using a £37 cheap set of 6K hid's with no problems, Fleabay specials,

Ive had more hassle from Led sidelights dying![:@]

ebeem

thx adam that thread was helpful.

I've asked a couple of sellers in ebay about shipping costs (i'm from Israel and it usually costs alot to ship using EMS) , i'll decide where to buy from according to the shipping costs.

I think i'm gonna have to replace the old yellow H1 bulbs after installing the new 6000K HIDs next to them...what kind of H1 bulbs should i get ?

ebeem

yea i saw alot of people mentioned the Nightbrakers , are there others ? ones with brighter white light ?

ebeem

hmm good point , i'll wait and see if i have to change them after actually installing the HIDs.

thanks for the help adam.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I've used osrams nightbreakers and silverstars(??) before but they are nothing compared to HIDs. HID's are far superior especially if you do any out of town driving.

ebeem

well yea actually most of my driving is out of town (going to and back from Uni) , some of the roads have bad lighting conditions and that's mainly why i want to get HIDs , i currently have silverstars but after driving with HIDs (my mate's car) i decided i'm getting a pair myself ...

still waiting for a reply back from ebay sellers ...if anyone knows sellers who ship EMS to Israel please do tell.

nutter_engineer

Feb 16, 2007
I got both my kits from here: http://www.vvme.com/

Apparently they do worldwide shipping also. It was fairly quick to the UK, around 4 days from China. The quality of the kits are very good and you'll find most, if not all are from china.

ebeem

that site does ship worldwide , costs 28$ in EMS (which is good).

which package did you get ? the standard or the 50/55w one ?
and how long have you been using them ?

ebeem

okay thanks m8
i will consider that site as it seems to offer good kit prices + good shipping prices.

On another note , I noticed in some cars the light produces a nice "cut" effect when it hits the ground/objects (and not just scatter around till it fades) ..does this have anything to do with the bulb ? or is it the headlight casing itself ?

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.