Had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windscreen this morning.

GLYN SOLEY

Jun 22, 2009
Letchworth herts
Is there any genuine fix to this or should I throw the de-icer away and just leave it running for 10 minutes every morning to clear the screens?

More importantly I'd buy the scrapper and not leave my car running otherwise your have some chav waving at you with his two finger and driving off in your car!![/QUOTE]
I have the thick ice prob at 6 :00 am after nightshift , i start motor up ,lock up with spare key then leave it for 5 -10 mins .. it s tee shirt conditions then . lovely !!

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
i hope not at M1 autos
perhaps you might get your service book?

Nope took it into Pinchbecks (Wallop) they are closer. They have been most helpful and in fact whilst I was in there the sales guy was ringing a customer to tell him his new service book had arrived. Not sure why M1 cannot do this.

Anyway......back on topic... :p

Pinchbecks took a look at the rain fores....Interior of my car and could find nothing wrong, but did say they are getting a lot of cars coming in with these issues. Poor design by SEAT? :think:

They have however put my new rear windscreen on order as the rear heated screen has stopped working. So thanks Pinchbecks. [B)]

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
was there not a fix posted up on here by someone.. which involved the cutting of a seal around the door or something?

i'm sure someone posted it a while ago along with a ref number :confused:

Feb 12, 2006
North Lincolnshire.
My front window froze on the inside the other night and the speakers in mine are standard so rule that one out.Thinkin bout it a car I had some 5 years ago had the heated front windscreen.It was a focus so why the penny pinching with seat.?It used to clear really quick too.
GET THIS FITTED SEAT.
The blower is naff too only serving its purpose when the engine starts to get warm. obv.

Last edited:

S2TTB

The fake K1...
Apr 28, 2008
Glesga
My front window froze on the inside the other night and the speakers in mine are standard so rule that one out.Thinkin bout it a car I had some 5 years ago had the heated front windscreen.It was a focus so why the penny pinching with seat.?It used to clear really quick too.
GET THIS FITTED SEAT.
The blower is naff too only serving its purpose when the engine starts to get warm. obv.

i believe this is pattend or watever to ford only, hense no other car maker has these.........

OLDOILER

Jul 28, 2005
Wiltshire, UK
GET THIS FITTED SEAT.

Mini One too , but will cost extra?!? - best thing since sliced bread. ...........................

I've not done anything to my car either it's all standard. Mine was shocking yesterday morning. We only got a bit of frost being on the coast bu the condensation on the inside was like nothing I'd seen before! Side windows also go down then come up with just as much water on, leaving me to think shoddy workmanship and design flaw is to blame, there clearly is a a good 3mm gap between the 'seals' and the glass.

HOW CAN THEY BE CALLED SEALS IF THEY DON'T ACTUALLY SEAL ANYTHING!!!!!!???????

Mine is definately going to the dealers about the headlight condensation and this. I've even noticed whenever I wash the car or someone spits within 30 yards of it, the windows will mist up too!

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
HA its funny to see this thread...ive been complaining like woah about my windows for the last few weeks since 'winter' really started.

i have to sit in my car for at least 15 minutes before i can set off... out side..no problem.
however the inside i scrape the ice off the inside of my windscreen. then i get sh1t loads of condensation...try wiping it with a cloth which just makes things worse by making all the water smear around my screen.. after already sitting in my car for 10 minutes engine on...i turn the ''quick clear'' fans on and it just steams up!! FFS!!

its a pain i already spend 50 mins on the train getting to the park and ride after work..then i have to wait an extra 15-20 mins just to be able to see! whilst everyone drives off around me instantly.

EDIT: ALSO my heated rear screen doesn't seem to be doing much at the minute.. i have it on for ages and it only clears about a milimeter next to the actual heated strip. So i just have a stripy rear window...rather than a clear one.. and it only clears up once ive been driving a few miles with the heaters on. - might aswell not use it PFST anyone else had that problem?

Last edited:

Cupranation

Aug 20, 2009
Warwickshire
Interesting thread particularly as my parents Mk1 leaked like a sieve and i spent months trying to stop it from leaking (well documented on the Mk1 forum). Imagine my horror then when one day I came back to my car (Mk2) and water was literally running down the inside of the screen. Here we go again I thought. However the odd thing is it only happened the once, never before and never since.

That lead me to belive that it must have been a specific set of circumstances that led up to that amount of condensation forming on the inside of the window, although I don't have any idea what it could have been. Touch wood I'm one of the lucky ones and it won't happen again.

All I can say is that I never normally turn the car off in the demist position, always set it back to auto or feet before turning off and never turn it onto demist until it has been running for a minute. Maybe I didn't do that the day it condensed up? Just a thought.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
maybe your service book is being used to insulate your doors and got wet hence why you cant find it? :whistle:

Don't go there, have been totally let down by the dealer and SEAT UK. [:@]

As for my car steaming up, its just another thing to add the list of retarded SEAT moments.

My hint/tip for ways around this are:-
1) Put the blowers on full to your feet until the wock with and air comes through then stick them on the windscreen.
2) Do not under any circumstances use the actual window demist button. I don't know what it does but it's defo not window demisting.:ban:
3) Get a chamois sponge thing from halfauds / other recommended shops and use that to clear the inside of the screen until you can see where you are going.
4) Stop breathing. Do not breath inside the car what-ever you do. Get a snorkel and breath through that. I think you may be able to run this throught the door seal gaps with-out it making any difference.

Good luck with it.

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
4) Stop breathing. Do not breath inside the car what-ever you do. Get a snorkel and breath through that. I think you may be able to run this throught the door seal gaps with-out it making any difference.

HA amazing. at the minute i think that would be the only solution! & why not make best use of the gaps in the seals too.

aaargh it's actually really annoying me right now. seems to be taking at least 15 mins each time i get in the car . shoddy :/