Had to scrape the ice off the inside of the windscreen this morning.

tdi31

Dec 1, 2009
This is bloody annoying me now first thing in a morning inside of my windscreen iced up I tried what everyone mentions vent to foot but I have to sit there for 10min at least before its safe to drive :( I have bought a de-umidifier put it behind drivers seat on floor and its done bugger all still got ice on inside :( I like the seat nice car to drive but I can't cope with winters like this in a car its annoying if I can't figure whats wrong won't be around to see next winter :(
there must be a gap/hole somewhere but don't know where anyone found a solution? is it worth me taking it to seat to look at or pointless :)

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
got stuck in preston for 25/30 minutes new years day... car had been there over night and when i went back to collect it had to scrape the ice off the inside AGAIN and then it just was like a mistfest!

So i was sat in a horrible carpark at around 11:30pm waiting for my car to sort itself out. oooh safe!

I'm also wondering wether to take it to Seat or not... because obviously by the time i turn up at the dealers the car would be totally drivable - so they obviously wouldn't be able to see the issue :(

Bretty

May 21, 2008
Lancashire
Buy yourself a cheap windscreen cover , really does work and stops ice forming on the inside as well as the outside.

Pheo

Sep 11, 2009
Presumably the mist is being caused by the fact that the air in your car is damp, and then this is condensing onto the windscreen. To remove it at source you need to remove the damp from the car (easier said than done!)

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
I left mine running for 30 minutes with the heaters on full, then left it running for another 30 minutes with the windows 1/4 open.
This has seemed to work.
Although I've not been using it much recently!

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Had to scrape the ice from the inside for the first time ever this morning.

Car is being serviced on Wednesday so i'll mention it and see what they say.

Feb 22, 2009
South Wales
I have this probem with my mk1 LC TDI so I have gone to the local pound shop place and bought a moisture trap and placed it in the boot

minitrap_oceanspray.jpg

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
Rang the dealers today about this after being in my car for 40 minutes before setting off for work today - it still wasn't really clear enough to drive then!..they said to book it in to check it out (and also service it) . They asked me to drop the car off tomorrow night so they have it for weds morning. I'll see what the outcome is!!!

one of three things i recon..
1)they wont be able to do anything as ''they can't see a problem''
2)they'll fix it
3)i'll walk away after with a brand new car instead as i can't goto a garage without getting a new'un!

Unfortunatley they don't have any courtesy cars available so i'll be stuck in preston :/ gah ..but i suppose it's great they've been able to fit me in so quick considering i only called today.

I think im still going to buy one of those moisture traps too..good idea.

chrisboyle999

MFD3 for sale, inbox me.
Nov 28, 2006
Geordieland
xhellixx, what sort of journey's do you do, and what settings do you keep your heater on?

i reckon i could cook a turkey in mine in 40 mins at full whack!!

xhellixx

Jul 27, 2009
Blackpool
www.myspace.com
xhellixx, what sort of journey's do you do, and what settings do you keep your heater on?

i reckon i could cook a turkey in mine in 40 mins at full whack!!

You probably could!!!!
i really wish i was exaggerating too :(

erm average daily run from my house to the train station probably takes about 25/30 mins..(mainly motorway)

I have the heaters on full (high everything haha) until i can actually see a slight bit lol, then turn them completley off. I didn't used to bother doing anything after that, but Ive started cooling the car down before i get out too by opening the windows on the last leg of the journey.

But it's just as bad as always :shrug: I'm doomed not to drive in the winter

belfastchris45

Apr 8, 2009
belfast
GRRR

Investigated further

mats where soaking. Carpet on drivers side, has a puddle. really bad water issue somewhere. Booking into dealers

Rampage

Trainee Northener
May 24, 2003
Are the absorbent door seals the reason for the windows being stuck when it's below freezing.
Even when there's no ice on the window they refuse to move.
I take it the seal absorbs water and then freezes, stopping the window from moving.

Mr Cellotape

AKA Mr Ribbed
May 9, 2006
Warwickshire once.
Mines like an fffing rain forest inside.....have scraped ice off the inside more times than I care to mention.

It is no joke that I use the ice scraper outside and then inside.

NOTE FOR SEAT - What fffing good is a car that does this?????????

mnkiboy

May 28, 2009
Warrington
Had to scrape the ice from the inside for the past couple of days.

Also yesterday I was unable to open the boot, rear doors were very difficult to open, then wouldn't close due to the handle getting stuck in the open position. Also the mirrors wouldn't fold out due to the ice.

I can only guess SEAT did their winter weather testing on a chilly Spanish evening one summer!