Has anyone changed from a Clio 197 to a Mk2 Leon Cupra?

CupraRuss

I currently have a limited edition RS Clio R27, which has got to be one of the best handling cars I have ever been in, but it's a 197PS N/A car, and the power comes in at 5000RPM, so I have a niggle/desire to change it for something with a Turbo.

I've always liked Leon's, and my mate has recently bought an FR TDI with BTCC kit, which is a superb car, but I'd prefer a Petrol engine.

Sooooo, has anyone made the change? Or, does anyone have a handling comparison between the two? Would KW V3's even things up a little?

Also, I live about 10 miles from P-Torque, so am I correct in thinking that a simple remap will see a reliable 300BHP from the Cupra?

Cheers,

Russ :)

robdf2

Yellow is the best
Feb 21, 2006
location , location
You will get the power you are after and the delivery but the Leon has a heavy front and feels a heavy car , the car is fast but you dont get the sensation its fast like you do with a smaller car.
You cant really compare a clio to a leon though , totaly different cars.
But what you will get is lots of standard equipment and good build quality.
A remap is a must to get things moving though and will reward you with a good all round car which you can mod away to your hearts and walletts content.

RobsCupra

Oct 21, 2008
Wrexham
Hi Russ, good too see you over here!

I'm sure tfsi_mike will be along shortly to tell you about his coilies!

GazzFR

I currently have a limited edition RS Clio R27, which has got to be one of the best handling cars I have ever been in, but it's a 197PS N/A car, and the power comes in at 5000RPM, so I have a niggle/desire to change it for something with a Turbo.

I've always liked Leon's, and my mate has recently bought an FR TDI with BTCC kit, which is a superb car, but I'd prefer a Petrol engine.

Sooooo, has anyone made the change? Or, does anyone have a handling comparison between the two? Would KW V3's even things up a little?

Also, I live about 10 miles from P-Torque, so am I correct in thinking that a simple remap will see a reliable 300BHP from the Cupra?

Cheers,

I changed 3 days ago from an 07 197 into an 07 2.0t FR. There is absolutely no looking back for me. And I feel so much more confident with this than the clio in bends as the rear end of the clio was so loose and the steering that light(as you know) that mid corner adjustments were frequent and just not needed in the Leon. Im based in derbyshire and happy to let u have a blast
gaz

GazzFR

Conti's but standard suspension. You would feel a difference between the cars, maybe its the wider track of the leon or longer wheelbase but me personally for the driving I do its more than adequate and I have more confidence in longer bends. there is no comparison on the tight stuff. Plus now its stage 1 tuned its just one big grin from ear to ear. It would put enough distance between a 197 on the straights that the clio would never claw back enough on the bends. test drive one because as standard they feel quick. it'll make u realise aswell the 197 arent making anywhere near their claimed power.

P-torque.co.uk

Mar 30, 2006
Wolverhampton
www.p-torque.co.uk

Cheers,

Hey Russ

Thats correct, the P-Torque stage 1 map offers approx 300hp and 305lbs/ft torque.

We can also offer further stages of tune up to 340hp :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise