help! rear brake lights, kinda work. only on full 100% pedal press

Jan 22, 2007
some may say lala land....
All,
As topic title.
When driving home this evening when pressing the brake pedal to slow down i noticed that the signs on side behind were not lighting up either, i know they normally do.
So when i got home got the gf to see if they worked, all worked but ONLY when i press the pedal to the floor.
All bulbs light up good and bright, phew so they do work
Checked the switch in footwell and is plugged in tight and again if i press pedal down i can see this moves and again works if 100% pressed.

So, all works, but not as it should and ideal in this weather.

vag-com shows no errors.
as tdi glow-plug light normally flashes when switch failed, but nothing here.

what else can i check or do?

Jan 22, 2007
not that i could tell, when looked but was darked mind and cold and cramped...
will have another look in the morning, daylight should help as can remove the under dash part for ease.

still to put door cards back on after fixing seal (in boot)...

Jan 22, 2007
ok, bought new switch this morning and same thing.
switch is the new bestest greatest ever, until new one in green...

guys any thoughts please as a trip to manchester & cornwall over weekend is booked with work/family do and being such terrific weather need them working.

will possibly move the bracket a little to release pin earlier but not liking that as angle will change cand could cause further issues

Jan 22, 2007
pedal feel is all the same.
plunger is smooth and moves freely when i have it out and test, in case was still but not case.

plunger just 'rests against pedal' and releases as you press the pedal and in turn lights the bulbs.
only clicks in, nothing special.

just weird, but seems something i'll have to live with

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.