How to spend 5k on LCR mods?

TDCupra

Mar 4, 2004
Kent
Visit site
Once I've finished paying for my car loan I'm thinking of taking out another one to pay for some mods. The thing is I don't know much about cars or modding them, only what I've picked up from this site. I've got a rough idea of what I'd like to get and I would like some opinions and advice on my choices. I'm thinking:

Full Milltek exhaust system £1000
Better suspension + front and rear ARBs £1000
Forge FMIC + Samco hoses £1000
LSD £1000
Remap £1000

I'm thinking I should be looking at around 300bhp with a much better handling car and it should be able to put the power down better with the LSD.

I don't know how close my prices are and I know nothing about LSDs except it should help the front wheels grip better.

Does this sound like a good plan, or am I way off?

All advice gratefully received:)

Last edited:

Triple D

Why not get one for 10 k and get IHI aswell. IIRC badger 5 can do that for 5k then spend the other 5k on suspension, quaife, brakes, intercooler and exhaust. Will be quality then

Mitchy

TTRS
Oct 12, 2004
Probably about 275-285bhp with thos mods mate.

Remap to 260-265. Another 10-15 on top for exhaust and FMIC.

Break 300 and you'll have to go with a BT or nitrous

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Come to a Derby meet - we could spend all the for you :D

Your remap price is a bit high, miltek don't do a full system, so you'd want to look at the APR dp and cat, + miltek cat-back, or a blueflame 3" system. Your diff cost is a bit low, more like 1300 IIRC.

If you want to crack 300bhp, you'd be looking at a different turbo, or a very happy dyno...

Some other cheap mods are the dogbone mount, shortshifter and a silicon turbo intake pipe TIP.

If I were you I'd get it remapped now (with someone that allows upgrades to StageII/hi-flow later).

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
I could never justify the expense of the exhaust until you go big turbo it's a waste of money.

Full Milltek exhaust system £NIL
Better suspension + front and rear ARBs £1200 (incl fitting and alignment)
Forge FMIC + Samco hoses £900
LSD £1300
Remap £500

Induction Kit £180
Short Shifter and Dog bone engine mount £170
Front Strut Brace £60

But you'll need all the above and another £5k to go Big Turbo

Nitrous Kit gives over 300bhp like Mitchy's car

Last edited:

BHP Addict

Back in a SEAT!!
Jan 31, 2006
Birmingham
i thought that for suspension, but remaps differ so i wouldn't like to quote.

Lsd good idea but expensive addition

Wish I had this kinda money to play wiv.
Only just started my car loan, had my LCR 2 weeks and wana spend thousands already.

Last edited:

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
The_one said:
Why are people talking £1000 for better suspension??

You can get the FK Coilovers for £450 and surely ARB's are only £100 a piece at the most!

£300 will get you a remap from www.e-maps.co.uk as well :clap:

If you can find LCR ARB's for £100 a piece (is that fitted? VAT?) Please let me know where from...

I would assume that the £1000 is coilovers, ARB's & upper strut brace and it'd be wise to include a rough figure for fitting & alignment. Ruddmeister had all this done on his LCR, so I would imagine he knows exactly how much it all cost him. Can't remember which coilovers he had fitted.

Ruddmeister

Everything in Moderation
Jun 23, 2003
Weston-super-Mare
en.wikipedia.org
The_one said:
Why are people talking £1000 for better suspension??

Because these are budget / ballpark figures and my budget would be (note I said above incl fitting)

Well my Coilover were more like £650 (Bilstein PSS)
Add for rear and Front ARB's (Neuspeed) say £150 each
Add for fitting around £250
Assume alignment / tracking check included
Bit of VAT here and there
Add postage if applicable (I bet it cost me £50-£60 in postage costs)
Strut brace probably about £80 - £100 fitted plus VAT
Your getting close to £1200

You could probably get a spax kit though and budget £450 depends what you want

Last edited:

Pabs

May 3, 2004
Basingstoke
I'd agreee with Rudd here:

Budget FK Highsports cost me £300 but retail at £350 ish
Budget Front and rear ARB's were £290 inc VAT
Postage on the above would be about £30 ish....

4hrs labour fitting the suspension, if ARB's done at same time then prob additional 1-1.5hrs for them, so say 5hrs labour - rough cost here is £250 including the vat...

Tracking/alignment is about £20 or for 4 wheel alignment its about £40-50

So theres close to 1k gone, and thats BUDGET equipment.

Feel

Veedubya 'velle
Jun 12, 2003
Midlands
Some Revo dealers will come out.

Anyway, if this is turning into a Revo hating thread - that's not what the original poster asked about.

It was shaping up to be an interesting thread about a general approach to modding a car, what mods people think are worth it/required on an LCR and what sequence they might be done in and roughly how much they would cost.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
what a wonderfully blinkered point of view.....

no switching, no R&D, no adjustable boost, no adjustable timing, no valet mode, no anti theft mode.

sounds more like you'd have got 'done' had you paid full price for your 'e-maps' rather than mates rates (perhaps a 'deal' to bleat on about them?)

Don

Total Member
Nov 23, 2003
Hampshire
www.djschrism-don1.com
Personally, I'm looking at the same sort of costings, and my personal conclusions mirror Mr Ruddmeisters.

Ignore the 'xorst until you go BT. I'd add a pannel filter, forge 007, custom code, diff, suspenion, arbs, tip and hoses, dogbone (etc), short shifter and a few gagues to make sure you know what is happening under the bonnet.

You'll have a really nice car then.

Genuine SEAT Parts and Accessories.