• Hi Guest why not show off your SEAT! (now fixed)
    You can now share your favourite car photos in the new media gallery including embedding pictures from your Instagram account.

how to tell if its 8v or 16v

Mckellar

the 8v will give a half decent mpg assuming u dont boot it all the time and let it warm up properly etc :)

chris285

leon mk1 fr tdi
Nov 26, 2004
lincoln, uk
unfortunatley as much as i love the mk2, my next car is going to be a mk4 ibiza

the pull of a tdi 130 on insurance group 8, giving 50+mpg and 0-60 in 9 sec is too strong

Czechboy

Tarmac terrorist
Apr 14, 2005
Hampshire
and the 16v is group 12
Not too sure about that. I know that some places advertise the GTI 16v being a 10. And the Cupra/ cupra gti being a 14. Maybe the 1.8 16v's were a IG 12. But once again, its a Pedro special lucky dip as to what Ibiza is what and the insurance group it is :lol:

Brummy

Nazi Moderator-Bot
Mar 6, 2005
Moved to the DarkSide
ah well,. I have a Mk2 'Cupra Sport GTi' (8v) and it costs me a smidge over £300 quid fully comp to insure, even with the missus ( see siggy for miss Daisy) on.. and seems Ive been booting up and down from Brum to Shrewsbury a lot lately Ive been avearaging abot 28 mpg.... (but its worth it for the grin factor ) :)

dougy69

Jun 9, 2004
when using my 16v to work and back (70miles round trip) i average at 35 - 38 mpg using the 2nd trip thing and calculating it over a full tank!! (therefore several days) however as said above it can also get pretty low at the weekends!! lol

Smithy

Old School
Jan 17, 2002
Hertfordshire
im looking to get a ibiza cupra sport 2.0 its T reg and thats all i know how can you tell if its a 16v or a 8v and what are the 0-60 times on both and what are the insurance groups as you can tell im a newbee but just trying to find out more befor i buy one

If you were interseted in the acceleration differences, there's a vid of my 8v vs a mates 16v at Santa Pod located in the Video section of the forum. Gives you a bit of a comparison up to 85mph ish

DPM Performance