Hybrid delivery delays

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I really envy your patience.
I really don't think I will wait beyond Nov-Dec 2022: if in the meantime they confirm the release of the Alfa Romeo Tonale eHybrid 275hp (PHEV and 4wheels drive) I will cancel the order without a second thought....
That sounds like a great plan for you. Mines ordered through a lease company and through work, so I've probably got more patience than I normally would! But, I'm still getting really annoyed by it all now and how vague everything is.

M4st3r

Jul 24, 2022
you are 100% right, I am very surprised at the non-seriousness of the VW group.
It is not possible to find out that customers who ordered a car like mine in May this year have already picked it up, while I am still waiting.
No use in contacting CUPRA Italy, vague and useless answers....

first the chip crisis, then the batteries, then the war, then the LEDs in the rear light cluster are missing.

At the end of June 2022, I ordered a Fiat 500e that will be delivered in mid-October 2022 (built in Italy, where factories are closed practically the whole month in August).

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
you are 100% right, I am very surprised at the non-seriousness of the VW group.
It is not possible to find out that customers who ordered a car like mine in May this year have already picked it up, while I am still waiting.
No use in contacting CUPRA Italy, vague and useless answers....

first the chip crisis, then the batteries, then the war, then the LEDs in the rear light cluster are missing.

At the end of June 2022, I ordered a Fiat 500e that will be delivered in mid-October 2022 (built in Italy, where factories are closed practically the whole month in August).
That's much better and good amount of time to wait for the Fiat 500e.

I will be speaking to the lease company about cancelling options at the end of September, if I don't hear anything. Despite the chip crisis, Covid and the war in Ukraine, waiting 14 months with no detail on when I might receive the vehicle is not on.

Last edited:
Reactions: Drewy66

M4st3r

Jul 24, 2022
Yesterday I sent a message to my seller to ask (again) for updates, which they promptly failed to provide....
... I was told that a circular has just arrived from VW in which orders for hybrid models (I don't know if only Cupra or the whole group) are in fact suspended until January 2023; it is not clear whether this suspension also affects orders already in progress (for 12 months like mine....incredible) or not.

• Sad
Reactions: RJP

Drewy66

Nov 19, 2021
Called the dealer regards my V2 Hybrid I ordered in Nov 21, still no build week. He couldn’t even provide a vague date. He mentioned he had a Born. I took it for a test drive and loved it and I pick it up next Thursday.😊
I hope you guys waiting for your hybrid they come this year 🤞🏻 But I think more realistically be early 2023 ☹️

pkaps

vz310
May 10, 2022
Born is nice too, I just had a minor issue with the braking, sometimes felt that it did not respond fast enough.

Reactions: Drewy66

badescuga

May 30, 2022
Asked my dealer about my 6 month order for a 204hp hybrid. Was told to expect at minimum a 2023 build start date, but still no build date. Seeing the very long delay that some have had, that's clearly too vague.

BMW x1 plugin is launching, better range as well. Might look into that.

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

M4st3r

Jul 24, 2022
Delays officially confirmed: the production date of mine, ordered on 25/09/2021, has been postponed permanently to a date yet to be determined, MAYBE I will know something in January 2023.

I will cancel the order this week, probably in favour of a BMW X1 23i (mild hybrid) or order a 23e (PHEV), although I am tempted to get a Diesel on stock.........

Waiting to wait, at least I'll have a 'fresher' car than something that you can see is destined I'll never get.

I'm sorry: I tried to resist, I really like the car, but you can't want what you can't have.

• Wow
Reactions: El Dingo and RJP

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Delays officially confirmed: the production date of mine, ordered on 25/09/2021, has been postponed permanently to a date yet to be determined, MAYBE I will know something in January 2023.

I will cancel the order this week, probably in favour of a BMW X1 23i (mild hybrid) or order a 23e (PHEV), although I am tempted to get a Diesel on stock.........

Waiting to wait, at least I'll have a 'fresher' car than something that you can see is destined I'll never get.

I'm sorry: I tried to resist, I really like the car, but you can't want what you can't have.
Sorry to hear that! Don't blame you getting something different. I'll be doing the same if I can cancel as been waiting a little longer than you!

M4st3r

Jul 24, 2022
Ridiculous, 13 months after the order, now comes an 'official' communication: orders should have been stopped BEFORE, you can't make people who ordered the car in September 2021 like myself and who knows how many others digest things like that.

I ordered a new BMW X1 DIESEL, so much for the green reason I ordered a PHEV car...

Reactions: Drewy66 and RJP

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
We ordered a business lease V2 Hybrid in Sep 21. I called the lease company today for an update and we have been told that our estimated delivery date of the 28th of Feb 2023 has been removed, and that their Cupra supplier have advised them that they can no longer estimate any dates for our order. We don't know what to do as our original order was an amazing deal and everything else (Including the exact same car and trim) is much more expensive now.

• Sad

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
We ordered a business lease V2 Hybrid in Sep 21. I called the lease company today for an update and we have been told that our estimated delivery date of the 28th of Feb 2023 has been removed, and that their Cupra supplier have advised them that they can no longer estimate any dates for our order. We don't know what to do as our original order was an amazing deal and everything else (Including the exact same car and trim) is much more expensive now.
That's ridiculous! I don't understand how they can be quite so vague about it all. I've been waiting since July 2021, with only shifting expected stock dates!

• Sad
Reactions: KCH1nd

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
That's ridiculous! I don't understand how they can be quite so vague about it all. I've been waiting since July 2021, with only shifting expected stock dates!
Mine's a business lease as well, maybe Cupra think they can get away with fobbing us off or something! Getting pretty cross with it all now to be fair. I appreciate how crazy everything has been, but still.

El Dingo

Jun 8, 2003
Norfolk
Mine's a business lease as well, maybe Cupra think they can get away with fobbing us off or something! Getting pretty cross with it all now to be fair. I appreciate how crazy everything has been, but still.
You are beyond patient, fair play to you.
I've cancelled and ordered something else.

Oct 26, 2022
I ordered a Phev for a business vehicle in Oct21. I was first told delivery would be around May22 then August22. In July the lease company contacted us to say they had received an update from CUPRA to say that the vehicle would be delivered around November.

During the last week of September we were contacted by the lease company again to say they had an update and it was going to be delivered on the 1st November. Great we thought knowing the time it takes to build , ship and register the 1st of November seemed plausible…..

…..However the lease company then contacted us a couple of weeks ago to inform us the vehicle would not be delivered on the 1st of November as informed last month. They are now saying July 23 !!!!!!

For a delivery date to be given so close to the stated delivery date I feel the car was either in the build schedule or built.

I’m wondering if the garage has sold it on and ordered another.

Last edited:
  • Sad

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I ordered a Phev for a business vehicle in Oct21. I was first told delivery would be around May22 then August22. In July the lease company contacted us to say they had received an update from CUPRA to say that the vehicle would be delivered around November.

During the last week of September we were contacted by the lease company again to say they had an update and it was going to be delivered on the 1st November. Great we thought knowing the time it takes to build , ship and register the 1st of November seemed plausible…..

…..However the lease company then contacted us a couple of weeks ago to inform us the vehicle would not be delivered on the 1st of November as informed last month. They are now saying July 23 !!!!!!

For a delivery date to be given I feel the car was either in the build schedule or built.

I’m wondering if the garage has sold it on and ordered another.
Yours is a very similar story to mine, except I've never been given a delivery date/any sort of build date! My estimated stock date is currently end of March 2023 and ordered in July 21. Multiple push backs on stock date and heard absolutely nothing since end of August 2022. I really want the Formentor, but I'll be looking at other options after half term as simply can't believe that mine will ever arrive after 15+ months and counting.

I managed to get the SLI number, but that didn't get me any further when talking to Cupra GB. They just told me to the speak to the Lease Company.

It's all very frustrating!

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
I ordered in Oct 2021 a VZ2 Hybrid, and was initially told April 2022, happy days! Not so. I am now being told after 7 Date changes that its going to be March 2023 at the very earliest!, problem is our car scheme is soo bad at work that I cannot order anything else, so I have to wait, and wait, and wait. I'm sure there is someone driving round now in my ordered car who paid a little bit more for it!

Reactions: Seastormer

Seriously?

Apr 20, 2018
I'm sure there is someone driving round now in my ordered car who paid a little bit more for it!
Nothing would surprise me although it's probably more likely that your car is built, but not complete and is waiting for components/wiring looms etc. due to the ongoing parts supply issues

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I ordered in Oct 2021 a VZ2 Hybrid, and was initially told April 2022, happy days! Not so. I am now being told after 7 Date changes that its going to be March 2023 at the very earliest!, problem is our car scheme is soo bad at work that I cannot order anything else, so I have to wait, and wait, and wait. I'm sure there is someone driving round now in my ordered car who paid a little bit more for it!
I'm in the same boat. VZ2 Hybrid ordered in July 21. Multiple date changes later and now delivery date estimated at end of March 2023. Ordered through work and a lease company and other options to change not great, so playing the waiting game with no decent updates! Good luck and I admire your patience.

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.