Hybrid delivery delays

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
I got my dates wrong earlier so if it makes you feel any better then my ordered Hybrid is scheduled for Week 5 build which is right hand drive. I assume you mean week 5 rather than May 2023. I was told my the dealer that build is "frozen" which means locked in by the factory. I know that often means absolutely nothing these days but I also hear that some manufacturers are actually getting faster.

Example, I understand two ships arrived into Tilbury docks recently with Hyundais and they're struggling to get them to the dealerships into customers hands as soo many arrived(came from Czech Republic). Most estimates on Tucsons PHEVs have moved ahead 1-2 weeks which may not sound like a lot but thinking back in that some builds were being pushed back 6-12 months, especially PHEVs. Consider Tesla, you can now order(big price drop since last week) a Model 3 with a delivery of Feb-Mar whereas 2 years ago it was minimum 12 months.
I just double checked on our online portal and they have updated it to say estimated build date of 01/05/2023, so unfortunately in our case it is May and not week 5 which is disappointing.

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
I just double checked on our online portal and they have updated it to say estimated build date of 01/05/2023, so unfortunately in our case it is May and not week 5 which is disappointing.
Would you not buy a Tesla Model 3 seeing as their prices dropped so much? You'd have your car in 4-8 weeks as they dropped their prices a lot in the past week. £42,990 starting. Yep, not a Formentor but for those who don't want to wait you'd have a Tesla before the Formentor even hit the factory floor.

Reactions: Seastormer

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
I have just had an update from the dealer and Lease company! I now have a "Provisional" build date of April 2023 with an expected delivery date of Late May 2023. Shame i ordered it in October 2021.
Looked to cancel but our work scheme is soo poor now its not worth cancelling. Its a VZ2 245 Hybrid. I have had very very poor levels of communication from both the dealer and Lease company, so i would give a miss to either Listers Worcester, and Leaseplan

• Sad
Reactions: RJP

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
Ah Leaseplan, the company who like to remove the factory mats and replace with their own junk toilet paper thick quality mats. Is it your worth plan that is poor or rather the UK BIK/P11D system that is poor? You may have asked but would it be better for your company to move to a car allowance process instead and eventually move away from Leaseplan contracts. You save money, they save money. Win win.

October 21 - May 23, in some cases a new facelifted model could have been released. Crazy isn't it. I remember before going to a Peter Kay show in Dublin and it was 18 months after I paid for it. He joked "imagine, people who bought tickets for those two empty seats there could be dead already, sorry for the delay"

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
Ah Leaseplan, the company who like to remove the factory mats and replace with their own junk toilet paper thick quality mats. Is it your worth plan that is poor or rather the UK BIK/P11D system that is poor? You may have asked but would it be better for your company to move to a car allowance process instead and eventually move away from Leaseplan contracts. You save money, they save money. Win win.

October 21 - May 23, in some cases a new facelifted model could have been released. Crazy isn't it. I remember before going to a Peter Kay show in Dublin and it was 18 months after I paid for it. He joked "imagine, people who bought tickets for those two empty seats there could be dead already, sorry for the delay"
The scheme we have is only with Leaseplan, but we haven't "index" linked it, so cars are dropping off the lists and allowance levels as the price of the cars go up. A poor show all round..

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
Would you not buy a Tesla Model 3 seeing as their prices dropped so much? You'd have your car in 4-8 weeks as they dropped their prices a lot in the past week. £42,990 starting. Yep, not a Formentor but for those who don't want to wait you'd have a Tesla before the Formentor even hit the factory floor.
I wish we could but we got such a good deal with the Formentor V2 Hybrid that the cheapest Tesla Model 3 on the same terms is £200+ more expensive per month than the deal we got.

Jul 13, 2022
My build week (uncomfirmed) has changed from wk04 to wk10 and it has just changed again to wk16! Which takes me past 1 year from ordering. I was initially promised 6-9 months wait

VZ1 ehybrid

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Sad

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
Had an update today

Kindly be advised that I contacted our internal Brand Support and they have advised that the vehicle has a confirmed build week, which is week 17 of this year.

ordered Nov 2021 VZ2 hybrid in black no extras

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
Had an update today

Kindly be advised that I contacted our internal Brand Support and they have advised that the vehicle has a confirmed build week, which is week 17 of this year.

ordered Nov 2021 VZ2 hybrid in black no extras
I'd be telling them to swing for it, that or go onto a car supermarket(if no extras) and say I want this car and see what offers come back. You can always have it delivered or(if trading in) can drive to get it.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
I'd be telling them to swing for it, that or go onto a car supermarket(if no extras) and say I want this car and see what offers come back. You can always have it delivered or(if trading in) can drive to get it.
I got a really good deal on it that’s honestly the only reason iv waited this long. Id be paying £150 more a month for the same car ordered now. They are also letting me keep my 2019 leon cupra 290 lease(meant to go back april last year) till the new car comes so im fine to wait

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
I got a really good deal on it that’s honestly the only reason iv waited this long. Id be paying £150 more a month for the same car ordered now. They are also letting me keep my 2019 leon cupra 290 lease(meant to go back april last year) till the new car comes so im fine to wait
That is okay then, I thought you would have been livid and fit to pull your hair and anybody near you, their hair also off them. A very matter of fact email you got as well, for a customer so incredibly patient. I'll say this though, my Formentor(mysterious car I've received no update on) was given a build week(with options) before somebody who ordered months before me who had less options. Weird.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
That is okay then, I thought you would have been livid and fit to pull your hair and anybody near you, their hair also off them. A very matter of fact email you got as well, for a customer so incredibly patient. I'll say this though, my Formentor(mysterious car I've received no update on) was given a build week(with options) before somebody who ordered months before me who had less options. Weird.
Its all a bit weird! This is the 3rd brand new car iv ordered and this is the most shocking experience. I still wont believe it until the cars delivered and on my driveway tbf lol

Reactions: KCH1nd

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
My build week (uncomfirmed) has changed from wk04 to wk10 and it has just changed again to wk16! Which takes me past 1 year from ordering. I was initially promised 6-9 months wait

VZ1 ehybrid

I've had 14 different estimated stock dates and it was finally built in January 2023 after ordering in July 2021. Still in Spain at the moment though and awaiting shipping. Good luck.

Reactions: KCH1nd
Jan 9, 2023
I've had 14 different estimated stock dates and it was finally built in January 2023 after ordering in July 2021. Still in Spain at the moment though and awaiting shipping. Good luck.
I here from my lease company that the Hybrid VZ1 ordered in Feb 22 is now under build from week 6 not sure how many have waited longer than a year, just got to hope they are getting their act together and things are moving for us all. Stick with it

Jan 9, 2023
And finally I have due date for my hybrid VZ1, the 22nd of March is the long awaited day. Lease company have provide the registration No. and also stated that the car comes without floor mats and the wait for them is unknown. OMG the wait continues.

Starky

Feb 26, 2023
I got my vz1 last Friday. Company car, only ordered it Feb, just happened to have one in stock. But like you, no floor mats?? £40 for ones off the web, couldn’t justify anymore even though the works paying for it. Did get a “Cupra” phone connector, which doesn’t appear to work!

Jan 16, 2023
Maybe to offer some hope to all who have waited 12 months or more. Today I was given a confirmed build date of week 6. I won’t get excited just yet just hope this news offers a little light to this dark delivery tunnel.
Well it seems mine is on the boat and on its way! Strange how we have gone from estimated build date of 18th April to it being on a ship in March, still won't believe it until the damn thing is on my driveway. :)

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I have just ordered my car yesterday Hybrid 245 VZ2 - Graphene Grey - Petrol Blue Interior.. i found a really good price on Nationwide with expected May delivery.

Didn't get a choice of anything so hoping that means built and either a cancellation or pre-order. I am moving from an Outlander Phev which i have found brilliant - just hoping i don't miss the extra space and the really easy to live with hybrid system.. It goes without saying that the Formentor will turn more heads!

Jul 13, 2022
And finally I have due date for my hybrid VZ1, the 22nd of March is the long awaited day. Lease company have provide the registration No. and also stated that the car comes without floor mats and the wait for them is unknown. OMG the wait continues.

Any update on your car did you get it on the 22nd?

bounderboy

Mar 21, 2023
I have just ordered my car yesterday Hybrid 245 VZ2 - Graphene Grey - Petrol Blue Interior.. i found a really good price on Nationwide with expected May delivery.

Didn't get a choice of anything so hoping that means built and either a cancellation or pre-order. I am moving from an Outlander Phev which i have found brilliant - just hoping i don't miss the extra space and the really easy to live with hybrid system.. It goes without saying that the Formentor will turn more heads!
I have a date at dealer of 30th April

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members