Hybrid delivery delays

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
I ordered in Oct 2021 a VZ2 Hybrid, and was initially told April 2022, happy days! Not so. I am now being told after 7 Date changes that its going to be March 2023 at the very earliest!, problem is our car scheme is soo bad at work that I cannot order anything else, so I have to wait, and wait, and wait. I'm sure there is someone driving round now in my ordered car who paid a little bit more for it!
In exactly same situation as you. Ordered Nov21 been told early 2023 now for hybrids. Absolutely shocking

• Sad
Reactions: RJP

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I know that @D_dott, @BillEarlie, @r-newcastle, @KCH1nd, @Worc1, @aevans and others have all been waiting ages for their Formentor deliveries like me.

I spoke to Cupra today via Facebook Messenger and they said the following:

"Our vehicles are still receiving build slots, however we're unable to advise if they're being assembled in date order, as depending on the model, and trim level, different parts may be required that are currently being affected by a supply issue. As our Factory send all updates and new information on orders directly to our CUPRA Retailers, we can't provide any further information than that of the retailers."

Not massively helpful, but it's good to know that production is ongoing and that build slots are being allocated! Hope that's useful for some of you.

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
I spoke to the dealer our Lease company have ordered through, and they do not have any build slots or know of any being issued. I ordered in Oct 2021 and will not have the car before April / May 2023.
The dealer also advised that some models may be discontinued shortly, so to watch out for any updates on the website. Its just a shame the website is soo poor for info. No car should take 18 month from order to delivery.

• Wow

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
No-one across 'Cupra' seems to no anything, it's extremely frustrating! I'd heard there were no build slots being allocated, which is why I checked with Cupra. My estimated stock date is the end of March 2023, after ordering in July 2021. If mine wasn't a company car order, it would have been cancelled long ago!

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
same here, but our new company scheme is soo poor i cannot change, so stuck waiting. If this is the service and support they offer pre sale, god help us if anything goes wrong after delivery.

• Sad

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
I've had an update today from the lease company. My order is now confirmed for build at week 2, which is mid January. They are hopeful I'll get delivery in mid February! That will be a 19 month wait from my order date if all goes well!

Reactions: D_dott and KCH1nd

BillEarlie

Oct 13, 2022
fingers crossed for you. Ive just been told today that mine is planned in for March 2023 but it may change as there is an issue with DSG parts and PHEV charging parts.

D_dott

Oct 18, 2022
I just had an update from cupra this evening after chasing them the past 2 days.

This is unconfirmed build week of WK18 – this can change until this has confirmed so I would to keep checking. The retailer can check this as they have the same information as we do.

Unfortunately, the production for E-Hybrids is very limited so I do apologise for the delay in this.

I am sincerely sorry for any inconvenience which this delay may cause you.

If I can be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me on the details below.

Not the best news as still unconfirmed so who knows when i will get this car over a year after my order in nov21

• Sad
Jul 13, 2022
In November the leasing company told me my car had unconfirmed BW 04. I called them yesterday for another update as we’re getting closer to week 4, and the BW has been set back to the end of March now and to ring at the end of Feb to see if it has changed again.

Order: May 2022, NHS fleet solutions - VZ1 eHybrid solid white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
In November the leasing company told me my car had unconfirmed BW 04. I called them yesterday for another update as we’re getting closer to week 4, and the BW has been set back to the end of March now and to ring at the end of Feb to see if it has changed again.

Order: May 2022, NHS fleet solutions - VZ1 eHybrid solid white

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's a shame, but hopefully the end of March will happen. Good luck.

My order has a confirmed build week 2, so have to see whether this happens next week. I'm not confident that it will be built after 16 months on order so far.

Order: Lease company and VZ2 245 Hybrid.

Last edited:

kevinb

May 4, 2022
I live in Portugal and managed to get my 245 hybrid pretty quickly on the second attempt after cancelling the order with my original dealer. What the British members of this forum might find interesting and frustrating is that we are now seeing low mileage used hybrids being featured here in the major car sales portals. There is really not too much non corporate leasing here which may make a difference, most people buy the car with or without finance, although Cupra are starting to offer 5 year leasing deals now.

Jan 9, 2023
Ordered 245 VZ1 in mag Metallic Grey in Feb 2022. Lease company stated they had 6 formentor hybrids on order ie they had placed order in Nov 2021. Given end of May 2022 as delivery date, then July, then August, then October, then unconfirmed build date of Week 6 2023, then unconfirmed build date of Week 9 2023
Totally unacceptable over a year wait, anyone else in the same boat.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022
Ordered 245 VZ1 in mag Metallic Grey in Feb 2022. Lease company stated they had 6 formentor hybrids on order ie they had placed order in Nov 2021. Given end of May 2022 as delivery date, then July, then August, then October, then unconfirmed build date of Week 6 2023, then unconfirmed build date of Week 9 2023
Totally unacceptable over a year wait, anyone else in the same boat.
I've been waiting since July 2021 for my VZ2 Hybrid 245. I've had 13 different estimated stock dates. Apparently it went into build this week, so might actually see the car after been on order for almost 17 months so far! Mine's a Lease company order as well.

There's a fair few of us in the same boat on this forum.

Jan 16, 2023
I've been waiting since July 2021 for my VZ2 Hybrid 245. I've had 13 different estimated stock dates. Apparently it went into build this week, so might actually see the car after been on order for almost 17 months so far! Mine's a Lease company order as well.

I thought I would add my name to this list.

Mine has been on ordered on the 19th October 2021 (VZ1 245) and after numerous promises I still don't have a delivery date! It would have been quicker to build the bloody thing myself. The car is for my wife and she is not happy driving around in my works pick up so they need to sort themselves out sharpish before I sue them for the divorce costs :)

Jan 9, 2023

Mine has been on ordered on the 19th October 2021 (VZ1 245) and after numerous promises I still don't have a delivery date! It would have been quicker to build the bloody thing myself. The car is for my wife and she is not happy driving around in my works pick up so they need to sort themselves out sharpish before I sue them for the divorce costs :)
Maybe to offer some hope to all who have waited 12 months or more. Today I was given a confirmed build date of week 6. I won’t get excited just yet just hope this news offers a little light to this dark delivery tunnel.

RJP

Aug 1, 2022

Hopefully you will get a build week confirmation soon! Long wait for you so far!

Reactions: Mrshifter

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
My Hybrid V1/2 (only V in Ireland, not variations) enters into build next week. Still haven't told me my payment figure yet. Imagine, shocking stuff.

I don't even bother asking the dealer anymore. I don't really want it anymore after the mess Cupra Ireland caused, increasing price nearly €8,000. I'm happy to drive the 3kms to the dealer , tell them how pretty it is when it arrives and leave. They'll have it sold in minutes but at least I get to see the car and feel like it is mine for a second.

Tried to order a Taracco 3 times. No way would they take an order, couldn't build them, eventually got them to take a Formentor order. Updates are like Chinese whispers.

KCH1nd

Jun 11, 2022
I contacted the lease company for an update today and we now have been given another estimated build date for 05/23 (ordered 08/21) for our V2 Hybrid. I don't have any confidence in any estimated build dates anymore as we have had many that have come and gone. At this rate there is a real chance it might take 2 years for the order to be fulfilled which is insane. Stuck waiting still I suppose...

• Sad

Baron

Jul 4, 2016
Ireland
I contacted the lease company for an update today and we now have been given another estimated build date for 05/23 (ordered 08/21) for our V2 Hybrid. I don't have any confidence in any estimated build dates anymore as we have had many that have come and gone. At this rate there is a real chance it might take 2 years for the order to be fulfilled which is insane. Stuck waiting still I suppose...
I got my dates wrong earlier so if it makes you feel any better then my ordered Hybrid is scheduled for Week 5 build which is right hand drive. I assume you mean week 5 rather than May 2023. I was told my the dealer that build is "frozen" which means locked in by the factory. I know that often means absolutely nothing these days but I also hear that some manufacturers are actually getting faster.

Example, I understand two ships arrived into Tilbury docks recently with Hyundais and they're struggling to get them to the dealerships into customers hands as soo many arrived(came from Czech Republic). Most estimates on Tucsons PHEVs have moved ahead 1-2 weeks which may not sound like a lot but thinking back in that some builds were being pushed back 6-12 months, especially PHEVs. Consider Tesla, you can now order(big price drop since last week) a Model 3 with a delivery of Feb-Mar whereas 2 years ago it was minimum 12 months.

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise