ibiza mk2 8v agg supercharger conversion

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
right...............although i've got a million and one things i could and should concentrate on getting sorted first. i keep looking at the idea of supercharging my mk2 8v. have been doing some research on the veedub forums and keep finding mixed answers. was wondering if anyone has actually done a "simple" conversion?? am on a budget and don't really wanna shell out the best part of 2k on a kit no matter how tempting 200bhp and 245 ft lb of torque from an 8v sounds. any advice appreciated.

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
ooo, bags of good info there for you.....

my 8v lump is way to old for a charger to be fitted....would hav loved to a year or so ago though..

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
yeah. makes it sound a lot easier than i bet it is, still very tempting though. plus can get a donor 8v engine to test it on for £100............i need to stop thinking like this. the cars off the road and i'm trying to justify a supercharger!!!! :help:

HoopDub

Aug 17, 2009
waste of time and effort tbh, get a second hand G60 lump or a 20vt, less headache and proven results, and internals that can cope with the added stress

vngtx

i need something extra too :( the 8v got beaten by a glanza turbo :cry:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
waste of time and effort tbh, get a second hand G60 lump or a 20vt, less headache and proven results, and internals that can cope with the added stress

But not as fun...and after all the olt on is possible so why not...

i need something extra too :( the 8v got beaten by a glanza turbo :cry:

Dont even bother trying to play with anything like that....even a valver would get creamed by a glanza.

vngtx

i doubt it would beat a 1.8 20vt turbo tho :p just found complete engine and gearbox and wiring for 350 quid!

Last edited by a moderator:

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
1.8t with a few mods would be a bit more competiton but glanzas are silly fast....crazy japs ba$tards !

edit - steer clear of that engine....not pics, no milage....sounds dodgy as !

Last edited:

vngtx

just been looking at the specs, 135hp and 116lbs of torque, mine hp isnt far off that and i got alot more torque but cos the glanza is a noddy car it weighs nowt. just found remap for 1.8t to take it from 150 to 200hp in one remap. :p

crezz

pedro motorsports
Jun 30, 2007
Woolacombe
in my experience glanza's aint that great, well standard.. iirc about 130 bhp? quick offt he line, not alot up top tho

vngtx

i caught up with it after 60mph (was on fly over going onto motorway)

vngtx

1.8t with a few mods would be a bit more competiton but glanzas are silly fast....crazy japs ba$tards !

edit - steer clear of that engine....not pics, no milage....sounds dodgy as !

its cheap cos its most likely a stolen car.

suj

Wheel Connoisseur
Jan 1, 2009
Birmingham
I bet you £100 on that one :p

he meant normal valvers dave, you over powered big build welshman haha

glanza's are quite fun, my mate had one running 200bhp, and that thing shifts

most are heavily modded as parts are so easy to get hold of, so are dirt cheap, us ibiza boys have to pay massive dollar to get just crap stuff lol

orangemuffin

i love you all.......
Sep 24, 2008
yesterday
I bet you £100 on that one :p

No thanks Dave, need all my money to fix my car

he meant normal valvers dave, you over powered big build welshman haha

glanza's are quite fun, my mate had one running 200bhp, and that thing shifts

most are heavily modded as parts are so easy to get hold of, so are dirt cheap, us ibiza boys have to pay massive dollar to get just crap stuff lol

i did mean normal valvers but i am sure dave could take on anything in a 1.0l metro.....the track slag.:lol:

I dont think there is any un modded Glaza's in the UK...

vngtx

my 8v gets beaten by owt thats 1.8 16v and above. i really want a turbo something under my bonnet.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members