ibiza mk2 8v agg supercharger conversion

vngtx

i will never be able to afford a 1.8t on my wages, i would have to save up for 6 months solid. my car is mechanically finished now anyway, just body work left to tidy.

vngtx

think u would see more gains if you put 1.8 8v golf head ontop of the 2.0 8v block. someone has that on this forum and got 140hp and 140lbs of torque.

but....add that pulley, camshaft, ported intake, could get 160 MAYBE?

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent
i got that crank pulley. is a very nice piece of kit and weighs a lot less. also got a 268 cam and the vernier pulley to put on. am thinking about a lightened flywheel too. and vince, i'd just stick with the engineyou got. theres a lot of power to be gained from them and there a strong engine. have you looked a getting the top end gasflowed? there's a company on the bay that will do you a gasflowed inlet manifold, throttle body and a rebuilt, flowed and skimmed head for £500. gotta be good for 20+bhp. put that with the cams, lightweight pulley, a good induction kit, 4 2 1 manifold and a high flow cat and you'll be laughing. even take a leaf out of daves book and go for throttle bodies. you can usually find a kit on one of the golf forums going quite cheap. there was one on clubgti a couple of weeks back for £350 that included the webers, manifold, gaskets, etc and dyno showed and extra 30 bhp. not bad for £350!!

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
i got that crank pulley. is a very nice piece of kit and weighs a lot less. also got a 268 cam and the vernier pulley to put on. am thinking about a lightened flywheel too. and vince, i'd just stick with the engineyou got. theres a lot of power to be gained from them and there a strong engine. have you looked a getting the top end gasflowed? there's a company on the bay that will do you a gasflowed inlet manifold, throttle body and a rebuilt, flowed and skimmed head for £500. gotta be good for 20+bhp. put that with the cams, lightweight pulley, a good induction kit, 4 2 1 manifold and a high flow cat and you'll be laughing. even take a leaf out of daves book and go for throttle bodies. you can usually find a kit on one of the golf forums going quite cheap. there was one on clubgti a couple of weeks back for £350 that included the webers, manifold, gaskets, etc and dyno showed and extra 30 bhp. not bad for £350!!

Then you got to get it set up right, the webbers are carb's not throttle bodies.... same theory but just old skool where you would alter the fueling by adjusting the reg, etc.... adjust timing by the dizzy cap whereas with throttle bodies it's more electrical now.

£500 for all that work is a bit unrealistic!

Could fit this:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Turbo-Supercharger-Rover-75-25-45-200-216-Streetwise-TD_W0QQitemZ370337176479QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM?hash=item5639d0db9f lmao

Dave_R

Save a Sheep...Buy Brembo
Sep 20, 2004
South Wales
do you run that pulley at the moment ?

is it any good, ive scanned over it so many times..

Can't see you would notice any differance from fitting one, the flywheel is the many problem with the slowness of the rev'in on the 16v's..... the 8v flywheel is much lighter than the 16v but that can be made to half it's weight to!

skwaggles

vtr btr :)
Jan 27, 2010
canterbury, kent

vngtx

was just a 1.8 head swap so must be the torque 184nm. which would put hp at 135-140.