Ibiza Reverse camera from china

Jul 11, 2023
I tried with and without the little black box. I think the problem lies somewhere in the coding. Now, when I quickly connected the tester, I got the "incorrect encoding" error. Maybe I need to unlock something more than byte 19?

Jul 11, 2023
Mine is in the garage, but I have this exact set:
1696787470853.png

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Can you confirm what wire you put where

I did the power lead to switched live and black to earth I then connected the black box red wire to reverse bulb wire an the other end to the little red wire on video lead and black to earth again but I see your black box has 3 wires not sure what extra one is for without wiring diagram

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Ok, my guess and it's only a guess is that it's a power problem, not easy without having the car nearby, I like to have a switched live so that you aren't relying on the bulb power for both.

Jul 11, 2023
I wonder if it may be the fault of the connection in this blue plug.
Maybe I'll also try, as you say, to provide constant power for a while.

1696805998114.png

Ghost45

Aug 9, 2019
Rome
I wonder if it may be the fault of the connection in this blue plug.
Maybe I'll also try, as you say, to provide constant power for a while.

View attachment 38647
Try to check if the 4 wires in the blu connector are correct installed like the photos in the first pages of this thread and after check well if the power wires from the reverse light of rear right connector are well fit!

Jul 11, 2023
I posted my error on the VCDS forum and the experts wrote that MIB does not support the camera.
Do any of you have a camera connected to such a radio?

1696875605603.png

Ghost45

Aug 9, 2019
Rome
I posted my error on the VCDS forum and the experts wrote that MIB does not support the camera.
Do any of you have a camera connected to such a radio?

View attachment 38655
Yes is true many stock mib do not support the video frequency!
The only solution is to change type of mib.. But obviously there are many problems connected after.. Like the component protection and all the codes in your car.

Jul 11, 2023
Yes is true many stock mib do not support the video frequency!
The only solution is to change type of mib.. But obviously there are many problems connected after.. Like the component protection and all the codes in your car.

That's not good. And at least parking sensors working with MIB can be installed here?

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
Hi all, just received my camera yesterday and working on it now. I'm confused as to the wiring to tap into for the rear cluster. Bruno had said earlier in the thread the live is black and blue with the ground green and blue. Either I've gone colour blind overnight or my wiring colours are different. Any help identifying what is what is appreciated.

Attachments

• IMG_1192.jpeg
    IMG_1192.jpeg
    560.3 KB · Views: 48

Antera

Black/blue is the reverse light and must be connected on the switched live on the RVC. Brown needs to be connected on a chassis ground neve on the rear lights. And normale the RVC does also have a steady 12v+

But measure it and you will now for sure. You need to clos the lock off the trunk when doing this

Reactions: camboblanco

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
Ok, next daft question. What size of connector do I need to add the wires from the RCA cable to the quad lock on the MMI?

camboblanco

Aug 7, 2023
Okay, I messed up the quad lock connector from the RCA cable so have ordered a new one. How do I connect this to the quad lock as there is already one with 2 wires in the blue section? Thanks

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.