Ibiza Reverse camera from china

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
Hello,
Sorry to bring alive this topic again, but I have an issue with the blue connector ...
I received everything, but on my car, there is aleardy something connecting to the blue connector (see in attachment)
Can I connect the 2 camera cable somewhere else on this blue connector ? Or have I to disconnect the 2 cable already present and replace them by the new one ?
Thanks !
Did you get yours sorted in the end?

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
Ok so fitted the cam today, followed this guide but it wouldn't work on my brand new 2021. The pins are the same in the MMI and the coding but you have to do this command which tells the system you have a 'dumb' camera and not a high one.

ENG248437-ENG248800-function_configuration_rvc-rear_view_low_rvc not_active -to- Active

After this it worked.

I still have one issue though, I turned on the park pilot graphics which worked before the cam but now when its engaged they don't overlay like they do on the OE system. Is there a setting to get this to work again?

nEx

Jul 12, 2021
Ok so fitted the cam today, followed this guide but it wouldn't work on my brand new 2021. The pins are the same in the MMI and the coding but you have to do this command which tells the system you have a 'dumb' camera and not a high one.

ENG248437-ENG248800-function_configuration_rvc-rear_view_low_rvc not_active -to- Active

After this it worked.

I still have one issue though, I turned on the park pilot graphics which worked before the cam but now when its engaged they don't overlay like they do on the OE system. Is there a setting to get this to work again?
Can I know how many pin do you have on your blue connector behind de MMI ? Car you send my a picture of it please ? I don't know what to do with my 2 additionnal wires x)
Thanks

NicoleFRSport

Jul 15, 2021
Right all fixed, I had to change a setting about the screen type and all the overlays came up. Not bad for a 20 pound cam. I didn't enjoy ripping all the interior panels off but it went back together ok. Thanks again for this info! :)

Reactions: AnotherLife

nEx

Jul 12, 2021
I have disconnect my 2 additionnals wires (pin 6 and 12 of blue connector on MMI [at the spot where I have to connect the camera) ... no error code on ODB
On the wire, there is this description "leoni dacar 300 koax b" . Looks like antenna wire ... strange because nobody have this wire too ...
[EDIT] After few research, I think its connected to the antenna for my included GPS. But he's still working .. so no matter
I'll replace it by my 2 wires camera

nEx

Jul 12, 2021
For information, the real "ground" for the rear camera is not the green and blue but the brown for me (tested with a multi meter)

Reactions: NicoleFRSport

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Hi, wondering if any of you tech bods have any idea, I've fitted my reverse camera as per this guide, very straight forward and activation via obd 11. When camera goes off you get black screen as described so no issue there but I get the message Park pilot is not available as the person above has. I don't have parking sensors and have only activated camera in 5f no other settings changed, any ideas?
Thanks,
John

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Ok, I'll give my findings and thoughts.

If you leave in reverse for a short period before reversing it gives the capacitor time to charge I believe in filter/voltage stabilizer and then doesn't give error.

I was also bothered by the black screen that it gives if you wire it to reverse light. So I took a direct feed from the fusebox to the main power and run the trigger wire to camera. This then for me gives the camera view for few seconds instead of black screen until radio switches back to whatever is playing.

Next job is factory parking sensors, not because they are needed but because I like the challenge lol

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
I used the little voltage stabilizer for reverse bulb and don't have an issue now. Works like a charm.

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
Right all fixed, I had to change a setting about the screen type and all the overlays came up. Not bad for a 20 pound cam. I didn't enjoy ripping all the interior panels off but it went back together ok. Thanks again for this info! :)
Hi I know this is an old thread but I have this very same issue, can you remember what you had to change for screen type?

Thanks

Jul 11, 2023
Hello,
I installed a camera from aliExpress and decoded it with a VCDS tester (I unlocked byte 19 bit 4). And when you engage reverse gear, nothing happens. I checked all connections.
Can you tell me where to look for the cause?

Jpbroad1970

Jul 11, 2022
That should be straight forward, video cable self explanatory, 12v power earth and reverse light trigger, that's how I did mine anyway although I needed a little black box as the reverse light works off a pulse

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.