Impressions after 2K miles

chrispy

Exeo SE 143, p.exed from an Altea SE.
Good points, comfortable to drive, handles well, much quieter in cab, better fuel consumption considering bigger and heavier car. Massive boot, thinking of renting it out! Only have to fill up once a week now - ouch:cry:
Dash and controls much higher quality than Altea, there again the Exeo is an Audi underneath.

Dislikes, blue tooth, its crap, crap, crap, very limited function :censored:, the Altea O.E version was vastly superior, looking for alternative system. Limited function control for radio from steering wheel.
Faulty boot latch, the dash warning display would regularly show boot not closed, had to have new latch fitted :shrug:

Do i like the car?
Yes
Would I buy another Exeo?
Yes, reading this back, my 'faults' are minor, (unless you live on the phone).

Chris

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hello Chrispy

I had an Altea SE, lovely car, but the Exeo is in a different league though, you must admit!
I do miss the "missed, dialled, received" listings of the Altea (and the K1 Leon as well,) but if you store names in the phonebook in the car system, then to dial, accept & work the Bluetooth isnt so bad.

What phone are you using?? I used a Sony Ericsson W890i, but the car system put surnames first, even though they are last on the phone!
Now use a Samsung Jet S800. No problem EXCEPT, after 10 mins, it turns the car to phone bluetooth connection off for about 4 seconds, then reconnects automatically. If you dial or receive a phone call, it isnt a problem, just a small glitch I live with.
I aagree with the quietness, the Altea was noisy compared the the Exeo. HAndles well to. I have the sport suspension & you can chuck it about nicely! Glad mine came with Goodyear F1 tyres as standard too!

Stu

andyj

There's no F in Quality..
Ah ha, another ex-Altea now Exeo owner ;)

I love the Audi'esque'ness (is that a word?!? ;) ) of the Exeo, you can definitely tell it's well built. The thud of the doors closing, to the quiteness of the engine, it all makes it a league above all other Seat's in terms of build quality etc.

Mone's got the Sports suspension, but haven't had chance to try it out as yet ;) Mine's only done 250miles, so I'm still breaking it in ! :lol:

My old Altea didn't have Bluetooth, so I'm new to it with the Exeo. But, I rarely use the phone whilst driving, so I can live with the limited functionality of it!

chrispy

At least we all agree on the better build quality :)
I'm using a Nokia E71, phone book lists by first names, voice dialing good, bigger phone book than Altea, what i really miss is the previous calls, missed calls and dialled calls folders.

Chris

OFC

The build quality is definitely there. Having just bought my first car I had no "affiliation" or brand loyalty to Seat, but the Exeo as a product is extremely good value for money if you compare it against a similar spec Audi A4. Plus it's got the latest common rail engines.

It remains to be seen how reliable it turns out to be, how cheap / expensive it will be to service in 30-40k miles.

Nimbus hosting - Based solely in the UK.