intercooler pipe is coming off when i am accelerating

simonsen82

Jul 14, 2009
birmingham
Hello I’ve got a problem basically for last two weeks my intercooler pipe is coming off every single time when i am accelerating i need to change it so i was wondering should i go for factory one or aftermarket one and what are the prices and finally where i can get in ? if someone have something like that for sale i will take it Regards si

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I wud also be interested in the the answer to this, a new pipe direct from seat is near £100 so aftermarket would be awesome

Gooner_Mike

Teaching the kids
Jan 20, 2008
Hampshire
www.facebook.com
What intercooler set-up do you have and what pipe is it? Could it be just a better clamp is needed?

There are loads of silicon hose brands that can make you/supply an almost limitless range of pipes and clamps.

simonsen82

Jul 14, 2009
birmingham
Well i want to change intercooler to turbo pipe as after remap its coming off but i don’t want to spend too much and the question is should i go for cupra tdi pipe or buy aftermarket one? And if someone done it before I’d like to get information what lengths of pipes i need what diameter etc.? Regards si

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Have you got a tdi130 the same as me mate?

Does anyone know any places you can go and they can make an exact pipe there and then?

R1ch85

1/4mile - 13.935 @ 100.54
Nov 9, 2006
Bristol
So you have a TDi 130, with standard SMIC. Which pipe keeps coming off? You need to be more specific with your replies ;)

Mar 25, 2009
bath
If it's the same pipe as mine which has worn lugs it's the black one that runs from the turbo to the sidemount which is just above the under tray

simonsen82

Jul 14, 2009
birmingham
For now i used some cable tiser but i need to sort this out as soon as. I am considering buying cupra one but i am just wondering if this is a good idea?

Breezapom

mk4 ibiza fr 20vt
Jan 12, 2006
Hampshire
i dont thing buying a cupra one will solve your problem?? as they have a front mount and yours is a side mount so piping may be diffrent just get the one for your car,If im honest seat will be best the place to get it im afraid.

davidmills2002

Jul 14, 2008
Buntingford, Hertfordshire
As breezapom said the cupra has a front mount compared with the 130 side mount, so the pipes will be different shape so physically won't fit. I know you can get uprated silicon piping for the 1.8t but don't think pipe kits for the 130 are widely available.

i had the problem with this pipe blowing off on mine a couple of months ago, it's going to keep coming off until you replace it. I bet if you look at the pipe where its coming off you will see the lugs have been partially sheared off. A straight replacement from the dealer costs about £25, if you need the part number just take it off and read all the writing on it and somewhere it will have the part number, or alternatively just take the part to the dealer and i'm sure they will help you find it.

simonsen82

Jul 14, 2009
birmingham
Thanks mate i am glad that you mentioned that cupra has front mounted one i didn’t know that. What if i would buy the whole system from cupra i mean pipes, intercooler would i have any problems with fitting in my car? i don’t really fancy buying this part from seat as they want 100 pounds for a rubber pipe madness - i was thinking about second hand one?.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members