intercooler pipe is coming off when i am accelerating

mosleytdi180

Hi mate im adam and im new
I have a seat ibiza fr 130 tdi chiped and today i got stuck in the snow and my pipe came off and smoked really bad is that normal please

ragards

adam

mosleytdi180

Thanks mate thats just what i wanted to here lol i was reving quet hard and thought i done the turbo lol it also guders and just runs like a bag of s.. im hope fully putting some s3 rims on im going to run 225/45/17 on the back 205/40/17 do you think it will looked jacked right up

regards

adam

130 ibiza

If it's the same pipe as mine which has worn lugs it's the black one that runs from the turbo to the sidemount which is just above the under tray

Hi zach225,

Did you manage to find silicone hoses for your ibiza?

I'm currently looking cos my pipes are leaking oil from where they join together, so wanting to replace with aftermarket silicone pipes....

130 ibiza

Will do matey no probs

I've had a look on Regal Motorsports website they look the best price, but not sure on what sizes I need without removing the old ones first... I've replaced seals on them once and I've just had a remap n oil splatters have appeared again!:censored:

Mar 25, 2009
bath
I have emailed a few companies about pipes but they all need exact measurements, if it's dry I'm taking it off tomorrow and measuring it and hopefully refitting it with jubilee clips, I think it's gonna be a case of buy a new one and send a company the old one to copy,

If anyone has a split/broken/useless one they can donate for postage pennies it would help us all as we can then report on exact sizes and specific prices from companies

130 ibiza

I have emailed a few companies about pipes but they all need exact measurements, if it's dry I'm taking it off tomorrow and measuring it and hopefully refitting it with jubilee clips, I think it's gonna be a case of buy a new one and send a company the old one to copy,

If anyone has a split/broken/useless one they can donate for postage pennies it would help us all as we can then report on exact sizes and specific prices from companies

silicone hoses from Regal Motorsport are cheap as fcuk!

but like you i need sum sizes, let me no if u get anywhere re sizes

cheers!

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Oh yeh they are cheap, I might even consider making one, can't be too hard, a few 45 degree bits and a straight bit should be ok, one piece would be more ideal though

Mar 25, 2009
bath
Not really lol, I just spend an hour over and under the car trying to figure something out but it's propper awkward, I have a fairly loud hiss coming from drivers side engine bay when under boost in higher gears, I assumed this was down to a boost leak but I cannot seem to find anything. Does anyone else have the same noise?

I also gave all hoses a good tug and couldn't seem to make them come off so I don't think it's popping off

130 ibiza

I've been informed that the pipes on a cupra tdi are 63mm or 2.5 inch wide, I would have thought that they would be same width on a tdi sport??

simonsen82

Jul 14, 2009
birmingham
the diameter is same the only thig is that cupra has front mounted intercooler and we have side one. So we need to find out what lenghts and what type of hoses we need. regards simon

130 ibiza

people keep telling me to contact Spitfire performance but apparenlty the hard pipes they supply are 250 quid! Don't know about u pal but I only want to spend abart 100...