Is a 2nd hand Cupra K1 Exhaust worth anything, should I be keeping it??

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Hi folks,

I'm havin' a MILLTEK TBE fitted next week and wondered if I should be keeping the old system to sell on??

I'm reckoning K1 owners won't be needin' parts for their systems for 4 years or more..

Is this system worth anything?

11 months old car
8000m covered

Respect

Stupra

Mar 25, 2008
West Yorkshire
Hello Muffin,

I told the garage that fitted my Cat back system to bin it! It looks awful compared to Milltek!!
Killtek is stainless, and will last as long as I keep my K1 Apart from storing it, dont know what else to do with it, so it just got scrapped.

I am waiting for my Milltek downpipe & CAt from AWesome, having delivery problems on them.

You will notice a difference though!! Is it chipped?? I have Bluefin Stage 1, and it is noticable, just a back box!!

Good luck!

MUFFIN

ready 2 return ;o)
Dec 3, 2006
North of Penzance
Hello Muffin,

I told the garage that fitted my Cat back system to bin it! It looks awful compared to Milltek!!
Killtek is stainless, and will last as long as I keep my K1 Apart from storing it, dont know what else to do with it, so it just got scrapped.

I am waiting for my Milltek downpipe & CAt from AWesome, having delivery problems on them.

You will notice a difference though!! Is it chipped?? I have Bluefin Stage 1, and it is noticable, just a back box!!

Good luck!

Cheers Stu, yes mate runnin' revo stage 1

Do these things have any scrap value?

jdearden

I always keep the oem parts. You're narrowing potential resale/part ex price. Someone buying your car afterwards may not like the noise or afford to be insured on a mofified car.
So I'd dismantle,wrap up and store it.

Dec 2, 2008
Nottingham
Personally, subject to storage, i'd keep all original parts.

As already said, if you do come to sell it you can reset to box fresh.

You will probably get more for your second hand aftermarket parts than the OEM ones.

But as you quite rightly say, unlikely given the age of the K1 that the OEM 2nd hand exhaust will be in high demand unless some one wants to try and retro fit to a standard cupra / FR and modify the rear bumper but that may need customising to do that!

Your decision but my view is a second value at this stage is probably worth very little as demand will be low.

Maybe worth putting up in the sellers section to see if any interest and take an offer if there is

Al

Aug 29, 2005
I kept my Cupra exhaust as it is worth less selling on than the Milltek which is coming off tomorrow. Very glad I kept it. I will be able to sell the Milltek or re-use it on another car. Its worth nothing to a cars value if sold with the car.

CupraSport

Mar 8, 2004
Bolton
Visit site
I kept my Cupra exhaust as it is worth less selling on than the Milltek which is coming off tomorrow. Very glad I kept it. I will be able to sell the Milltek or re-use it on another car. Its worth nothing to a cars value if sold with the car.

Agreed keep it so it can go back to stock and sell the miltek on when you come to re-sell the car.

Chris Knott Insurance - Competitive quotes for forum members