is this a standard lcr exhaust?

hey ya'll

I polished the exhaust on my LCR a couple of days ago, and I spotted this on top (pic taken after a country drive so excuse the mess ;)

Ok sorry I cant figure out how to post a picture, duh!

what i was meaning to show is that the exhaust has 'milltek sport' stamped on top of the tailpipe, does anyone know if this is standard or aftermarket? i drive a 2003 LCR.

il try to post a pic, thanks in advance

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Don't quote me but I think you'll find it's after market. don't think seat use Miltek. But they are pukka exhausts.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
I'm having an exhaust fitted as we speak, custom pipes, looks sweet, fabricated while I wait in 304 stainless, lovely.

Sparkie

Angling Adict.
Sep 25, 2009
Middlesex
Well exhaust now fitted, looks good, sounds great,
Deep burble while idling and then deep sporty note on acceleration,
but thankfully once you level out your speed to a constant the noise dies away so one can do motorway journeys:D
Well chuffed as it was 270 all in, hand fabricated, 304 stainless, with a 6x4 slash cut oval rear pipe.:clap:

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
im gonna go for resonated then, i think there is an extra baffle in the mid section.

Resonated has a middle silencer, non-res has a straight pipe to the backbox.

Easy way to check, stick your head under and see if you have a middle silencer..

greesha

Leon 1.8T on steroids
Jan 6, 2009
Slough
Well exhaust now fitted, looks good, sounds great,
Deep burble while idling and then deep sporty note on acceleration,
but thankfully once you level out your speed to a constant the noise dies away so one can do motorway journeys:D
Well chuffed as it was 270 all in, hand fabricated, 304 stainless, with a 6x4 slash cut oval rear pipe.:clap:

What company have you used Sparkie ? :) I understand its 270 for a catback right? :)

TubbyTwo

Taking a break from JDM..
Jan 27, 2010
Ipswich, Suffolk
Resonated has a middle silencer, non-res has a straight pipe to the backbox.

Easy way to check, stick your head under and see if you have a middle silencer..

is there a massive difference in noise between res and non res?

i want a nice sound but not stupidly loud.

DannyC87

Rubbing is Racing :-)
Mar 4, 2008
is there a massive difference in noise between res and non res?

i want a nice sound but not stupidly loud.

Not a clue sorry mate; I've still got OEM exhaust, all be it with the centre silencer removed and straight pipe welded in, with a decat. Slightly louder than stock but not horrendous :)

SEATCUPRA.NET Forum merchandise