Jacking up and putting on axle stands

Luke1999

Aug 2, 2018
I need to jack up the front of my car and support on jack stands to change the brake pads only problem is there jacking points as shown in the manual are not long enough to fit both jack and jack stand on is there any other points for the jack or the stand thanks.

BoomerBoom

Jun 1, 2018
There's a similar thread, recently, where you remove a plastic panel to access jacking towers.

Luke1999

Aug 2, 2018
I would be using this jack

Attachments

• 529771811.jpg
    529771811.jpg
    43.6 KB · Views: 168

Bubbs

Jul 18, 2013
I got one of those Luke. I don’t put pads on it either, just slide it under the sill jacking points and make sure that the little cut outs are lined up so that the jacking point lip goes between them. Not gone as far as to then add axle stands though, cos fro me it’s only up off the ground for as long as it takes to change a wheel.

... which I do twice a year during the spring/winter wheel changes - my '1 hr pitstop' :)

Reactions: Acez

AndrewJB

Friend to SEAT UK & Cupra Racing
Aug 16, 2007
Maranello
When ever I've jacked mine up I've jacked it up using the jacking point and put axle stands under subframe, lowering the jack slightly so it sits full weight on the axle stands.

LouG

Dec 1, 2017
Nelson, New Zealand
Always use stands, it's better than losing a leg, or worse. I've seen cars fall off jacks, jacks suddenly let go, and even a car fall off a hoist.
You could lift on the jack points and puts stands under the suspension arms, but for insurance not putting the full weight on them.

Reactions: Walone