k03s on 3bar fpr...and without fmic

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
my k03s arrived from the states today and I'm booked into Impossible Performance next friday for fitting. (£200 for fitting inc gaskets etc and mapping :) )

Apparently you don't necessarily need a 4bar fpr with a k03s..I was told it depends on the condition of your fuel pump? Is that right?

Also I won't have an fmic for a while,,,thats ok isn't it?

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
it's not necessary...but recommended by most tuners it seems

cars run k03s units with a 3bar reg from the factory, LCR for example runs a K04 and a 3bar fpr

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
I know I need a fmic to get the most out of the k03s I just can't get it yet. I know it'll heat soak but so does my k03...its still got to be better than that hasn't it?

Is eurocarparts the best place to get the 4bar fpr still?

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
You need to find out what your map requires. Nothing to do with it running better or not with or without it.

Uspolute map isnt it at Impossible?

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
thats what I'm thinking...?? I'm tempted not to bother with one...

ps. does anyone know if we can get a euro car parts discount, if i do get one??

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
I've just told you what to do. You need to find out whether or not your map requires one.

e.g. Revo Stage 2 requires one to up the fuelling as the injectors are pretty much maxed out at the flow rate a 3bar on standard injectors give.

acidstrato

My Fast says shut up!
Dec 9, 2004
Newport, South Wales
it is my understanding that Revo stage 2 for example has been developed for a 4bar fpr. revo developed '4bar map' for some models in the past which was replaced with 'stage 2'

the 4bar fpr hold no performance gain or benefit by itself, to put it simple it just regulates fuelling.

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
It does hold a performance gain when you can map it more agressive to suit the extra flow through the injectors where a 3 bar couldnt flow enough.

Smoki333

Dec 20, 2005
Wiltshire
my k03s arrived from the states today and I'm booked into Impossible Performance next friday for fitting. (£200 for fitting inc gaskets etc and mapping :) )

Apparently you don't necessarily need a 4bar fpr with a k03s..I was told it depends on the condition of your fuel pump? Is that right?

Also I won't have an fmic for a while,,,thats ok isn't it?

£200!!! thats good

Will that be a custom map i take it?
How much do they change for just a custom map then?

Mar 10, 2005
Walton on Thames
they are only charging me about £50 for tweaking the custom remap I already have...

originally I got upsolute for £150 then when I'd done a few more mods I went back and Mike customised it for an extra £100. Give them a call...

Nov 2, 2004
South Wales
4bar will put more pressure on the fuel pump as its gotta pump 65psi though instead of 45psi, but i cant see your pump being dodgy.

Personally I'd rather have the scope to run more power without maxing out the injectors or them running lean.

m0rk

sarcasm comes free
Staff member
May 19, 2001
Clanfield, UK
the injectors as std don't have the headroom at 3bar to safely run a k03s properly

maybe he doesn't intend it to make any more power than it does now - or maybe he doesn't have the tools/knowledge to adjust the timing of the injectors (more likely)

you do need to ensure that your fuelling is 100% spot on, remember the Ibiza lambda probe isn't wideband....

Cupra_Jeff

Mar 8, 2005
Kent
the 4bar allows more scope but from logs of injector duty i've looked at in the past for maxed out k03 and k03s tuned ibizas I saw no desperate need for one

its hype to me

thats rubbish or they wouldn't use a 4 bar FPR would they ?

for example, the LCR injectors flow 380cc @ 3 bar, and 440cc @ 4 bar, 60cc/min of fuel is not exactly a negliable amount is it ? on the whole i'd rather be running slightly rich than lean.....

Adrian Flux insurance services - discount for forum members.